1953 Buick Skylark, not mine

I don’t disagree at all. But the 35K price point is probably about as low an entry fee into the 53 skywalk world as you’re going to find.

There Are a lot less worthy things you could light your money on fire for, not to mention years of effort. Although like I said just stick with the mechanics.

15 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I don’t disagree at all. But the 35K price point is probably about as low an entry fee into the 53 skywalk world as you’re going to find.

There Are a lot less worthy things you could light your money on fire for, not to mention years of effort. Although like I said just stick with the mechanics.

I would second this.......  virtually any car in this condition is a poor financial decision and the math doesn’t add up, but if you were going to do it.........  this might be in the top 2 or 3% of cars to make the case for and have something special and valuable when you are done.  The GM 53’s (Olds Fiesta, Buick Skylark, and Cadillac Eldorado) are a unique trifecta with (in my opinion) justified love. I’m trying to think of something else like this threesome for style, lower production numbers, and dropdead good looking. Nothing pops in my head right now.  The 53 Cadillac Eldorado was almost twice the price of a series 62 convertible.   Some costs are the same whether you’re restoring a nova or a hemi barracuda, so pick something good to dump all your cash into.

I like it. I would have loved to have stumbled on it first. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, John Bloom said:

The GM 53’s (Olds Fiesta, Buick Skylark, and Cadillac Eldorado) are a unique trifecta with (in my opinion) justified love. I’m trying to think of something else like this threesome for style, lower production numbers, and dropdead good looking

May not all be low production numbers, but I’m partial to fins and these three are all drop dead gorgeous imho.

339D3848-346A-4A23-A3AF-046AACC7E92A.jpeg

0C80A0E9-E38E-4275-A22B-270731663194.jpeg

992942BD-0CCA-44AD-BB39-FFCA2933CAFB.jpeg

• Like 1

I would love to have this car but... I just can't justify it at this price.  I conversed with the seller on FB and he told me the center horn ring button got stolen.  I think that would be nearly impossible to replace.  I believe everyone of them listed the original owner saying something like "Customized for _______ _____".