Cadillac LaSalle late 1920s chassis

huey

More information will help you find a buyer.  Here are a few questions that I or anyone else will need to know in order to have a serious interest.

1- what is your location

2- motor number

3- frame number

4- loading assist

5- help with shipping (are you going west or east from your location, or a friend)

6- price is important consideration

7- wheelbase

8- other non attached parts

I could use a 1930 LaSalle frame as one under my Conv. coupe has been damaged.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Al could help load there is equipment on site. Located in southern wi.only have what is in pics. Will have to check wheelbase. Where would motor number be located? Any reasonable offer would be accepted just trying to find it a home instead of sending it to crusher. If someone is interested please speak up. Thanks 

Edited by huey (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 4:49 PM, huey said:

Al could help load there is equipment on site. Located in southern wi.only have what is in pics. Will have to check wheelbase. Where would motor number be located? Any reasonable offer would be accepted just trying to find it a home instead of sending it to crusher. If someone is interested please speak up. Thanks 

On the teens V-8 engines and I believe also on the 20's the serial number is stamped into the aluminum crankcase at the back of the right side. Where the cylinders bolt to it,there is a little extra flat surface there and you should be able to find it. If you post the number the first one of us to see it should be able to give you the year. If that engine has been uncovered over the years then unfortunately moisture has been able to run into the intake and exhaust holes to cause a rusty,scaley mess inside the cylinders.

To get the correct wheelbase, measure from the center of the front spindle to the center of the rear axle.  142" might be accurate if it is some form of commercial chassis, but I doubt this is one.  The wheel base could be 134" if it is a 1929-30-31 or if earlier I think 126".  In 1927 I think even a shorter wheelbase was available.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
Clarity (see edit history)

On 7/22/2022 at 5:53 PM, alsfarms said:

Two different Wayne's I think 🤨

Wayne, Wayne Elsworth from Western Mass. here. Yes, there seems to be a couple or more of us around. All nice chaps! 🙄

alsfarms,

I have a few frames. I know I have a ‘27/28 LaSalle and a 1931 Cadillac but not sure if I have a 1930 LaSalle frame. If you are really interested, I can go take a look. I’m finally out of bed after two weeks laid out by one of the new Covid strains. DON’T GET THIS ONE!

Edited by yachtflame (see edit history)
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, yachtflame said:

Wayne, Wayne Elsworth from Western Mass. here. Yes, there seems to be a couple or more of us around. All nice chaps! 🙄

alsfarms,

I have a few frames. I know I have a ‘27/28 LaSalle and a 1931 Cadillac but not sure if I have a 1930 LaSalle frame. If you are really interested, I can go take a look. I’m finally out of bed after two weeks laid out by one of the new Covid strains. DON’T GET THIS ONE!

Wayne E, Ouch! You better take good care of you! Some of those Covid strains can be really nasty! Get over it and no relapses allowed!

W2

(I sometimes close messages with "W2" because I was named after my father, and it became a family and good friends thing that I was "W2".

• 1 year later...