For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premiere Coupe - "Well maintained survivor" - "Factory a/c, Third owner" - "Flamingo pink & white, Matching tricolor interior" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 11/20 & 7/15 Reduced

For sale on Facebook: 1957 Lincoln Premiere 2-door Hardtop Coupe in Pasadena, CA  -  $34,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 7/15, Seller reduced price to $32,000

On 11/20, Seller reduced price to $27,000

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2616594058472427/1957-Lincoln-Premiere-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1957 Lincoln Premiere 2-door Hardtop Coupe

• Driven 73,762 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Pink & white
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1957 Lincoln premiere, very rare factory AC car. AC works; could use a recharge. 73k original miles. Well maintained survivor 3rd owner Flamingo pink, white roof, with tricolor pink, black white interior. Car driven daily Runs great, good transmission. New exhaust system Brakes gone through, new wheel cylinders, hoses & recent rebuilt power brake booster. Front brakes currently squeal when warm; I believe needs new shoes. Power steering leak from pump reservoir; I have a new seal kit, easy fix. Chrome is good driver condition, some light pitting. All power windows work Power seat works Radio works Restored Power antenna works Replaced heater valves / fans work No rust anywhere, very solid CA car. Some small bubbling in paint on deck lid corners. 34k OBO

image.png.39a1594f38b3f1fcbc32348de07abffb.png

image.png.344d2a2fce78c0e295213feabe0bd795.png

image.png.a3286298a0655b5e62523f7d0f5503ad.png

image.png.faef4cb52bc7dff7cbd47f6c09a17d3a.png

image.png.af75a6e5764d1ecb9b43695c424f0cae.png

image.png.fa9ad485172a658fbd355118b5b86bf3.png

image.png.5c246d8e8d25c503104ffaabcb440f6b.png

image.png.ed332c40d86b73598106168840d86055.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update price (see edit history)

I see enough red flags at $34,000.  Anytime a seller says “easy fix” but doesn’t fix it, I am concerned.  And A/C “just needs a charge”.  Seller or someone- says “brakes gone through “ - which is a catch phrase I don’t like - similar to “barn find”.  Ok, then why does it need shoes and why isn’t he sure?   

Nope. With all the great finds lately in the teens - I am not close at $34,000 for this Lincoln.  But yes it shows well in the photos.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Nope. With all the great finds lately in the teens - I am not close at $34,000 for this Lincoln.  But yes it shows well in the photos.  

I agree that it's not priced realistically.

In its current state, it should have its $34,000

price cut in half.

• Like 4

"Inside and out, every dramatically new detail makes Lincoln for 1957, now, more than ever, unmistakably, the finest in the fine car field!"

Intoned in the bright, sophisticated voice of Julia Meade, Lincoln-Mercury spokes-lady and cohost of The Ed Sullivan Show. 

• Like 2

For cars that were low production new and quite rare now we have seen quite a few of these 56-57 Lincolns here for sale lately. I agree on the price being way too high, but my biggest complaint on this and many other cars - if you want top dollar, clean the damn thing up! Buff the paint, clean the chrome, wash the interior, not very hard. And while I know the reasons most people don't do it - if you have a rare car with an extremely rare A/C option, get it fixed and charge it up! With a good detail and working air this guy could at least get closer to his asking price.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, 60s Buick Fan said:

This is a friend of mines car.  Its nice and he's flexible on the price.  Everything works and I'm sure with an R-12 charge the A/C will work too.

Tim, may I humbly suggest, then, that he get the

air conditioning working?  It is a feature not often seen

in the 1950's.  So many sellers with inoperative air

conditioning state, "It just needs a charge."  If so, the

cost is small and, once done, the seller won't have

that negative feature to detract from his nice Lincoln.

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premiere Coupe - "Well maintained survivor" - "Factory a/c, Third owner" - "Flamingo pink & white, Matching tricolor interior" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 7/15 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1957 Lincoln Premiere Coupe - "Well maintained survivor" - "Factory a/c, Third owner" - "Flamingo pink & white, Matching tricolor interior" - Pasadena, CA - Not Mine - 11/20 & 7/15 Reduced