60s Fords in "Hazel"

rocketraider

3 hours ago, John348 said:

woke up with Petticoat Junction (horrible show) 

IDK John- I always thought PJ had some nice scenery...

You never saw any in the show, but Chevrolet was "Bonanza" major sponsor for years. I believe Dan Blocker owned several high-performance Chevrolets over the show's run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:29 PM, plymouthcranbrook said:

Adam 12.  Plymouth Belvedere and Satellite   and also AMC Matadors. 

I believe the Belvedere squad cars in Adam-12 were built as standard all-white sedans and then the black two-tone (with nameplates removed) was added later.  The cars didn't have the stainless paint-splitter molding on the C-pillars and under the rear windows, and had white door jambs.

Also, FWIW, Hazel's drunk boyfriend crashed his '52 Plymouth in one episode of that show.

• Like 1

I wonder if they were really police package cars? I am unsure if black and white as commonly used was ever factory paint. Maybe, but white wouldn't surprise me. I used to own a Belvedere police car, a 65. It was light blue metallic, and not two tone. The second digit of the VIN tells the story. A police package has "9" in 1965 (it starts out R9 for Belevedere police), and a "K" in 1966 and several years afterwards (RK for Belvedere police).

• Like 1

I recall an episode of Dennis the Menace where Mr Wilson has a '59 Ford that squeaks.  He spends most of the show greasing things and adding rubber strips under the fenders before Dennis finally points out that there is a kitten in the trunk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Dan Blocker

Showed up at Dominion Chevrolet in Richmond to draw a crowd back about 1965. 

Maybe this his is a Pinterest link:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/574560864941497308/

9 hours ago, rocketraider said:

IDK John- I always thought PJ had some nice scenery...

You never saw any in the show, but Chevrolet was "Bonanza" major sponsor for years. I believe Dan Blocker owned several high-performance Chevrolets over the show's run.

There was a connection with the Bonanza crew filming Chevrolet promotional films.

Dan Blocker 1964 Chevrolet Truck Commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQlVg2tp2EU

Lorne Green 1966 Chevrolet Promotional Film Corporate Sales

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRaxs-ESQQY

• Like 1

In the first season of Perry Mason Paul Drake appears to have owned both a black 57 T-Bird with black and white interior and a white 1957 Corvette. I know because when recovering from covid I binge watched the first season of Perry Mason and he drove both of those cars in different episodes. I think the must have had 2 different production crews, on that favored Fords and one that favored GM products.

On a different show, 77 Sunset Strip had Fords with Stu Bailey driving the current year Thunderbird and Jeff Spence driving the same year Ford convertible.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

6 minutes ago, 1957Birdman said:

In the first season of Perry Mason Paul Drake appears to have owned both a black 57 T-Bird with black and white interior and a white 1957 Corvette. I know because when recovering from covid I binge watched the first season of Perry Mason and he drove both of those cars in different episodes. I think the must have had 2 different production crews, on that favored Fords and one that favored GM products.

On a different show, 77 Sunset Strip had Fords with Stu Bailey driving the current year Thunderbird and Jeff Spence driving the same year Ford convertible.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird

This week I noticed on METV on the morning airing of Perry Mason is the first season. It was episode 5 of season 1 and Perry was driving a 1957 Cadillac Convertible. It was parked on the street scene and showed  people looking and pointing at it in awe. I noticed this once before when he parked a 1959 Cadillac Convertible. I guess this was the beginning of product placement. Episode 4 he was driving a Ford Redactable, so I guess they did not have an exclusive contract yet with a vehicle manufacturer, which is good for us we get a variety. 

• Like 1

TCM has been playing the original Perry Mason movies from the early 30's. He was riding around in a pretty neat roadster in the last episode. I have no idea what it was. I am pretty sure it was not a Packard but def. something hi end.