ATCA's 42nd Annual National Meet in Macungie Fri, Jun 17 to Sat, Jun 18, 2022

Bhigdog

One of the best old iron shows is this June 18th. It's the ATCA truck show held on the show grounds in Macungie, PA. You really have to see it to believe the extent some folks go to restore old trucks. One of the best shows on the East coast if not the country. I'll be there with my puny 39 Chevy JC............Bob

20180616_135134.jpg

20180616_135528.jpg

• Like 6

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to ATCA's 42nd Annual National Meet in Macungie Fri, Jun 17 to Sat, Jun 18, 2022

I have put the date on my calendar. I have been wanting to get to it for years. Closest I came was doing a job in Macungie at the same time the show was going on. However after doing a 2 hr commute each way for 2 weeks straight for work, the LAST thing I wanted to do was go back on my day off!!

Fellow down the road from me has a big truck collection and I think he is fairly active in that organization. I am sure he will have something there as well.

• Like 1

My dad's retirement job was delivering parts for the local Mack Truck dealer -  "job" in a sense you got paid, but he mainly did it for fun as a truck fan.  He still talks about the fact it seemed most of these larger garages, construction companies, etc. Had at least one antique truck hanging around.  They have the space, repair/restoration facilites and of course for Mack anyway, a pretty good parts and support network.

This was also a great way to source gas and oil stuff, some of our stuff was very inexpensive and a couple items were free.

Another good truck show is coming up in Brooklyn, CT in late June, the 26th, I believe.

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great turn out today for a great show. A bit cool but that didn't keep either entries or spectators away. I think about 800 trucks of every kind, sort, and condition. From as found hulks to frame up restorations rivaling anything seen at a concours event. I can only guess at the cost to restore, say,  an Autocar to those standards including show chrome measured in square yards........Bob

• Like 3

Amazing show. Was there Saturday showing our truck. Made an overnight trip out of it stopping at the Boyertown and toy robot museums on Friday. Wife even enjoyed it. Unbelievable what some of these guys bring to the show. One guy had 5 tractors a year apart all in perfect condition while some had antique trailers attached to their tractors. 

• Like 2

Sad to say I missed again, maybe next year!  Weather should have been perfect, I know it was 2 hrs south of there. I was at a local show and a couple of people were complaining about it being too cool. I work outside, building a deck on friday and the heat index was around 100.  70-80 is def not to cool, but wonderful.

• Like 1