Fun times were had by all.... Visited 3,000 car collection/liquidation in Northern CA

keiser31

9 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

37 and very interested, especially in those El Caminos, but without the means or ability. 

I saw those El Camino's as well, but all the high dollar trim pieces were missing and would be real task to locate. All that stainless along the top edge of the bed was impossible to find 30 years ago, now I could only imagine, let alone the cost if you do find any of it

• Like 2

Thanks for posting the pictures. I remember dreaming about saving cars I'd seen in a field back when I was a freshman in h.s. I suppose it's still possible to find a car you like and to save at least one. If not from this collection then somewhere else. Lot's of daydreaming material here!

• Like 1

I think looking how tight the cars are parked the best way to move anything out may be by a helicopter logging outfit on their day off. And it’s not like this place is on I-5 either. Midway between Portland and San Francisco is a logistical nightmare. Thanks for the great photos John.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve9 said:

I think looking how tight the cars are parked the best way to move anything out may be by a helicopter logging outfit on their day off. And it’s not like this place is on I-5 either. Midway between Portland and San Francisco is a logistical nightmare. Thanks for the great photos John.

Maybe D.B. Cooper will be found inside one.  Appears to have been in the flight path!!

Craig

• Haha 2

When one of my neighbors died, they had an auction.

I would guess about half of his hoard went for about 20% the price of scrap to the scrapers.

The few rigs that had some value did OK.