1918 Cadillac 57phantom parade car ---NOT Mine----------

Seller finally listed a price. Drum roll please or more appropriately, a laugh track. 

$78,000.

Price $78000 it’s worth but the car inImmaculate shape what can I say orginal eng original to Paint original SeatsThe car is awesome car to drive V8 eng 4sp Convertible looking for a serious buyers byAppointment only Larry John looking for Auntiec classic Car buyers thank you.

Ok, I understand that “talk to text” is quicker and easier than actually typing, but without proof reading and corrections, it makes you look really stupid and uneducated. 

Not someone that you want to make an expensive deal with.  

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 7:01 AM, jukejunkie1015 said:

Seller finally listed a price. Drum roll please or more appropriately, a laugh track. 

$78,000.00

It's hard to believe and easy to forget that many members of younger generations are not struggling through life, living paycheck to paycheck. They have their youth, health, fabulous incomes, and for the most part no regard for or appreciation of history. Like my mother said, "their feet don't reach the ground".  

I'm sure there are many "tags" we've placed upon them, some critical. They live in a world where the best of everything is commonplace. Practically no expense too great, and may tend to see, through their rose colored glasses, that they live in a universe populated by similar affluence. What transpires among them are worlds away from the morals and mores of the population in general.

Case in Point:

this for sale ad

the presentation

the price

The seller is not seeking a "mainline" antique car collector to purchase this car, someone with knowledge or time to share. Not the classic back and forth of a satisfying deal for both parties ... nothing but a slam-dunk sale.

"Here's the car, where's your money?"

Unfortunately we are seeing this attitude increasing as time marches on. Fewer person to person transactions, less regard for the buyer, poor presentation of the goods for sale, and, more often than not, shoddy, substandard goods, sometimes misrepresented from a lesser to greater extent. 

Many naive people have yet to come to grips with this reality and are suffering the consequences  Don't let it be you.

Caveat emptor, amen.

• Like 1

78,000 is most certainly in Argentine Pesos or Russian Rubles………..

Its a nice car, and would make a fun driver. 

What’s the marker for Nickel Cadillac’s………….🤔

They have been watching too many TV car auctions. People always come up and throw money at the driver or seller of an old car. If it runs, I’m guessing the market on that car today is 25k, if it has newer tires and tubes, if it needs rubber…….figure five grand less.

• Like 1

Sad to think that it could be a fairly decent older restoration in need of TLC. If priced reasonable it could easily find a good home - but the ad and photos are off-putting. I just can't comprehend people expecting language and photos like that to actually draw people into a sale. I remember when we were looking to buy a home - it was great sport for my wife and I to find the most horrible photos in the real estate listings - clothes all over the place, dirty dishes, piles of boxes, etc. I guess pride in a job or task has all but vanished. 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 5:11 PM, Crusty Trucker said:

It's hard to believe and easy to forget that many members of younger generations are not struggling through life, living paycheck to paycheck. They have their youth, health, fabulous incomes, and for the most part no regard for or appreciation of history. Like my mother said, "their feet don't reach the ground".  

I'm sure there are many "tags" we've placed upon them, some critical. They live in a world where the best of everything is commonplace. Practically no expense too great, and may tend to see, through their rose colored glasses, that they live in a universe populated by similar affluence. What transpires among them are worlds away from the morals and mores of the population in general.

Case in Point:

this for sale ad

the presentation

the price

The seller is not seeking a "mainline" antique car collector to purchase this car, someone with knowledge or time to share. Not the classic back and forth of a satisfying deal for both parties ... nothing but a slam-dunk sale.

"Here's the car, where's your money?"

Unfortunately we are seeing this attitude increasing as time marches on. Fewer person to person transactions, less regard for the buyer, poor presentation of the goods for sale, and, more often than not, shoddy, substandard goods, sometimes misrepresented from a lesser to greater extent. 

Many naive people have yet to come to grips with this reality and are suffering the consequences  Don't let it be you.

Caveat emptor, amen.

Crusty Trucker, 

I could have written this same comment and have many times, as have quite a few of us regulars.  It is a sad state.  We as interested parties see these sales as a macro, especially since a couple of the posters search the country for interesting cars.  

This generation of a seller however, is in a world of their own, they see the television auctions and shows and are insulted by our comments.   

• Like 1