For Sale: 1939 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine - Only ONE left known in existence - $77,500 - Boston, MA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1939 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine - Only ONE left known in existence - $77,500 - Boston, MA

1939 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine - Only ONE left known in... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

1939 Lincoln Town Limousine. VIN# H6610. Only ONE left known in existence. This very RARE and Stunningly beautiful and collectible classic automobile that has been repainted in its original color of wren tan. The paint and exterior are in perfect condition and there are no dings, dents or chips in the paint. The V-12 post war (1946-1948) 12-cylinder engine has been professionally rebuilt and has less than 2000 miles on the rebuild and is inclusive of a rebuilt Columbia rear end. The interior has also been updated to like new condition and the front seat has been reupholstered in leather as it was originally from the factory. The car was originally custom built for the Sargent Lock family back in 1939. At the time, the Sargent Lock company was supplying Lincoln’s with their locks for the doors on the Lincolns. The under carriage is clean and rust free. The current owner has been collecting Lincoln’s for over 45 years and considers this as one of his favorite cars that he has ever owned. He has over $76K invested ten years ago into this beautiful automobile and has owned the car for approximately 15 years. The car starts and runs and drives as it just rolled off the production line. This rare car is absolutely magnificent and does not need anything except for someone who wants to own a truly extraordinary Lincoln in which you will be the only one on the planet that owns one. I am selling the car for my dear friend of mine and there is a 2.5% buyer's fee. The car is located in Boston, MA. Feel free to text me with any questions
Copy and paste in your email: f014078dde50355ba6b829ac2d332319@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1939 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine.

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ a.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ b.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ c.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ d.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ e.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ f.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ g.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ ga.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ h.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ i.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ j.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ k.jpg

'39 Lincoln Zephyr Town Limousine AZ l.jpg

• Like 3

There was a beautiful dark green 1936 Zephyr in the car corral at Hershey last fall for about 1/2 of this 1939.  It was just amazing!  

15 hours ago, trimacar said:

Pretty car, little bit of a twist, 2.5% buyer premium on a private sale…interesting….

Says, selling for a friend, Broker? If I were buying I would make it a sellers premium. Why not just add it to the asking price and not mention? Does seem an odd way of doing business.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

'My only question would be if the divider was installed by the factory in period."

AJ:

Yes, it was a factory catalogued model H-22 Town Limousine of which 95 were produced.  It listed for $1,700, versus $1,360 for the standard H-73 four door sedan of which they built 16,663.  As the big K sales died, this gave the dealers a model to offer those still interested in a formal style.  The Town Limousine was continued for 1940 in the same configuration, essentially a standard wheelbase Zephyr sedan with partition window installed and leather-trimmed driver's compartment. 

For 1941, the Town Limousine was superseded by the 138" wheelbase Customs: (Type 31) 8 passenger sedan and (Type 32) limousine, as factory catalogued models.  Parallel for 1940-'41 are the nine 125" wheelbase fully-custom-bodied Brunn town cars, many which went to the Ford family, some having had their fronts and rear fenders updated later to the 1942-'48 styling.

Steve

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Thanks Steve.   From the driver's side it has a certain "amateur" quality to it.   I'm surprised the screws are exposed like that.

The effort does have a less-than-professional look to the installation design and details, almost like what would be seen in a taxi.   Without sufficient length mid-ship to accommodate a proper partition parallel with the B-pillars. sedans that have been fitted with such always come out looking like this. 

• Like 3