What engine is this?

stakeside

4 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Certainly looks like a Mopar flathead six. They had many uses beyond cars and trucks. I don’t recognize the prefix of the number as far as I can read it so I would guess an industrial purpose built.

Here? https://www.t137.com/registry/help/otherengines/otherengines.php

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)

2 hours ago, nzcarnerd said:

I went there too but all of the codes there start with letters.

There were some tractors that used the Mopar six. I have not searched that area.

Massey Harris did.  The casting at the flywheel looks a bit like a tractor.

https://www.gasenginemagazine.com/tractors/massey-harris/

The 101 Junior and 101 Super were introduced in 1939. The 101 Junior had a 124 cu. in. continental motor for gas. I believe that
for about $75 more a bigger continental motor (140 cu. in.) was available. The 101 Super had a 201.3 cu. in. Chrysler motor.

Both were available with standard front axle or row crop tricycle; front P.T.O. and power lift on R.C. models were optional as were rubber
or steel wheels. The Junior was listed with individual brakes; the Senior had 1 pedal only; air cleaners were behind the grill. The
Junior had a wire mesh grill with a removable door in the centre. The Senior had one side of the grill removable (wire mesh behind
and chrome strips). The 101 was also listed with a kerosene motor (lower compression, hot manifold 140 cu. in.) The 101 Senior tested
in Nebraska 1938. Both had 4 speeds forward, 1 reverse. In 1939 and 40 the company used 31/8 bore motors in 101 Senior models. 1941 and 42 were very similar but 6 cyl. 101 models used 3 bore motors. 1940 saw models 81 and 82 appear.

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)