Looking for a 1929 Dodge Brothers 6 cylinder truck engine or parts

WFD

Hello all,

I am new to this forum.  I am restoring a 1929 Dodge Brothers fire engine for the Williams Fire Department.  This engine was one of the first line fire engines use in the department and I am restoring it as a parade vehicle and mascot for the department.  The engine is in pretty bad shape with a cracked head.  A local engine shop has had it for over 3 years with promises to fix it. they had to cut the head bolts in order to remove the head.    I am hoping to find a running or repairable replacement engine or a good head.

I do not have immediate access to the engine and do not even know much about the engine or variants possibly used by Dodge in 1929.

I am hoping to talk to someone who has experience with vintage Dodge trucks and sourcing parts. 

I restore airplanes in my day job and have very limited experience with 1920s trucks.  I did a frame off resto on a 1967 Camaro in 2010. That was an education1

Any leads too point me to resources would be very much appreciated.

I will share photos of the project if there is any interest.

Thanks,

Rex

4 minutes ago, WFD said:

Hello all,

I am new to this forum.  I am restoring a 1929 Dodge Brothers fire engine for the Williams Fire Department.  This engine was one of the first line fire engines use in the department and I am restoring it as a parade vehicle and mascot for the department.  The engine is in pretty bad shape with a cracked head.  A local engine shop has had it for over 3 years with promises to fix it. they had to cut the head bolts in order to remove the head.    I am hoping to find a running or repairable replacement engine or a good head.

I do not have immediate access to the engine and do not even know much about the engine or variants possibly used by Dodge in 1929.

I am hoping to talk to someone who has experience with vintage Dodge trucks and sourcing parts. 

I restore airplanes in my day job and have very limited experience with 1920s trucks.  I did a frame off resto on a 1967 Camaro in 2010. That was an education1

Thanks,

Rex

Move your question here to the Dodge Truck area for a better response.

https://forums.aaca.org/forum/43-dodge-trucks/

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, WFD said:

Hello all,

Thanks,

Rex

Where are you located? I have a few extra cylinder heads, but you need to provide a casting number of photos for me to compare mine with yours.

17 minutes ago, 1939_Buick said:

Yep. I live near Williams, Oregon and is why I asked.

Exhaust exits manifold closer to the clutch.

Block casting number 16529

head casting number A514270

Located in Williams Ca.  60 miles north of Sacramento.

I posted on the Dodge truck area.

Thanks

Rex

4 hours ago, WFD said:

Exhaust exits manifold closer to the clutch.

Block casting number 16529

head casting number A514270

Located in Williams Ca.  60 miles north of Sacramento.

I posted on the Dodge truck area.

Thanks

Rex

Sorry, mine are newer by a couple of years and different.

On 12/23/2021 at 4:10 PM, nearchoclatetown said:

That would be a Victory engine, can't help you.

Here is my DA6. Note exhaust to the clutch.

These would probably be a Senior six in a fire truck. If you get engine number located on the block below the exhaust you will know for sure.881416B6-8B07-47C6-B85B-379671E6D18E.jpeg.180b0462202ca8fdca2c45ad1b54283e.jpeg

Thanks.

I understand this engine was used in the a Desota variant also? It is not important for me to find the exact engine model.

This is not a numbers matching resto but rather a parade vehicle and historic display at the fire department. I want a period engine installation with out major modification.

bigmauto.com

Do you know these guys?  In your neighborhood.  While I doubt they have the parts you need, it could be good to have someone local to come alongside you for advice and direction.  They specialize in MoPar, but from the 50s-60s.  But they might take an interest in what you're doing.