1962 FORD THUNDERBIRD - $24,500 (Allentown)

https://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/d/allentown-1962-ford-thunderbird/7423075096.html
Seller's Description:

THIS ALL ORIGINAL, 1962 FORD THUNDERBIRD, IS PURE EYE CANDY...NEVER HAVE I GOTTEN MORE COMPLIMENTS ON A CAR AND IT IS AN AWARD WINNER AT SHOWS!!!...1962 Ford Thunderbird 390 Motor, Automatic Transmission, 49K Original miles...390/300HP V8 Automatic 2 Door Hardtop Coupe...This Fabulous Thunderbird was Bought in 1962 By a Retired Gentleman and after 5 Years, He sold it to a 39 year Old Young Man who Babied this Car till His Passing in His Eighties...This Car is All Original, INCLUDING PAINT and ONLY 49K Original Miles and it runs like it Did Back in the Day...The paint shines Like a New Dime today...it is a beauty....Asking $24,500

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this car.

Edited by Joe Cocuzza
none (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Very clean low mileage Thunderbird. I would drive this car all day long. I get the low mileage, well cared for, original paint and all, but IMO Ford sold a lot of these cars and this hurts value of them. You can almost shop for the color you want when looking to purchase one of these T-Birds. 

• Like 4

I agree with losing the cheapo wire wheel covers...  Are they from K-Mart?  I can never understand why people will invest tons of time/energy/money then skimp out on the hubcaps/wheel covers.  Maybe by then they (or the holder of the checkbook!) gets tired of spending money on the car.  

On 12/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, kingrudy said:

Very clean low mileage Thunderbird. I would drive this car all day long. I get the low mileage, well cared for, original paint and all, but IMO Ford sold a lot of these cars and this hurts value of them. You can almost shop for the color you want when looking to purchase one of these T-Birds. 

Agree, actually for what he wants you can actually look at a lot of decent 55-57 Tbirds, generally a bit more desirable if you can live with 2 seats.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2021 at 3:33 PM, kingrudy said:

You can almost shop for the color you want when looking to purchase one of these T-Birds. 

I agree:  This looks like a nice car, and being popular,

they have been saved, restored, and cherished, so

today they are readily available.  But so many of them

are black or white, like this one.

With all the colors available, you'd think there would

be a wide range of colors on the market.  I wonder what

the original production figures were for each paint choice.

• Like 1