Tell me what car this belongs on?

StylishOne

Very nice! That style of spotlight began in the mid 1920s, and were common on up into the 1960s. That one, however, is an early version, probably very early 1930s, and possibly even from the late 1920s. The style, nameplates, and switches were changed to a newer and smoother style in the early to mid 1930s. 

The more common later style spotlights aren't terribly valuable. There are a lot of them around, even I have a fairly nice one sitting in a box. As early as that one is? And its condition looks to be pretty good!? If you find the right person that would like an early one on their car, might be worth a couple hundred dollars. What makes them tough to sell, is that most people don't really want to cut the necessary holes on the car body's pillar where it needs to be mounted. Most cars that vintage have wooden pillars with sheet steel pieces nailed on them. Cutting the necessary holes weakens the pillar quite a bit.

Lorraine was a well known and well made brand name for such lamps.

• Thanks 1

Someone can correct me if im wrong and I probably am, but I think these were an aftermarket product and could be found on anything from a Model A to a Cadillac. Anything in the time period would be correct I would surmise. I watch a lot of old movies vintage 1930's and you see them a lot on all types of cars.

• Like 5

It is not make specific.  Whoever wanted more light for driving would have it installed on their car by a dealer, service garage or do it yourself.  Later ones made by the Unity company offered car branded pieces mounted to the light for the car it was used on so that it was more factory installed looking.

A very good friend a long time ago had one nearly identical to that on his 1929 Model A Ford Murray bodied town sedan. He had a lot of very nice accessories on that car.

Yes, they were after-market items correct for almost any car of that era. I have seen a couple of them on late 1920s Lincolns.

• Like 1