1915 Saxon Roadster

68v

It looks to be fairly complete though I'm presuming the drive train is there also. Allow me to add to Walt's comment. I'm guessing from the shop that you know your way around tools. However, brass era cars (if you haven't worked on them before) often pose challenges that later cars do not. Fortunately Saxon's aren't terribly rare or pricey - in fact, not long ago someone was trying to give a couple of Saxon engines away on this forum but the earlier the car is the more you will find yourself on your own if something major is missing or badly broken. It's an interesting conundrum...the parts are usually simpler than later cars but much less readily available. Most things can be made, but to do so demands tools and a skill set that is largely alien to later car work.

• Like 3

Ya 2 speed rear transaxle. Drive shaft bolts to a splined shaft right off clutch disc. Very odd set up but works. Reading manual it also has no water pump....natural circulation heat.

• Like 1

Looks like a reasonable project. Not nearly as common as the 1915 Ford T model runabout I am restoring. But it also looks to be in much better condition than my Ford was when I began. It should be a relatively easy restoration. 

The Saxon cars have an interesting following. There are a lot of Saxon parts scattered across the country. Prying some of those parts loose from the various hordes can be tough. Extra engines do seem to show up from time to time, and sometimes very reasonably priced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2021 at 10:39 AM, stretch cab said:

When I was a kid in S. Florida there was a Saxon in the area.  It was owned by Tommy Hanson (SP) who always dressed for the era and loved his car.  I look forward to following your progress.

Tommy is long gone, but the collection is incredibly still intact, including at least two Saxons..

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, car crazy said:

Tommy is long gone, but the collection is incredibly still intact, including at least two Saxons..

I figured he had to be gone for many years as he seemed old to me as a kid.  He always seemed so enthused to be showing his car and treated me well.

Now you have my interest up.  I didn't know he had a collection and where is it now?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, stretch cab said:

I figured he had to be gone for many years as he seemed old to me as a kid.  He always seemed so enthused to be showing his car and treated me well.

Now you have my interest up.  I didn't know he had a collection and where is it now?

He has been gone for quite a while. He was a great guy, a quality individual. He had roughly 20 cars in his collection, and the intact collection is still local.

Edited by car crazy (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi From South Africa. This is my long term project when acquired a few years ago. I have the remains of about 3 cars. I am slowly making some progress, placing some pictures soon. Good luck with your project!

22405822_10156526047173475_8312750057578454783_n.jpg.c35a5615f834e9575b78ae7bd17617f9.jpg20171016_082933.jpg.5f1d31dafaa5a5c3ebf751a920ae00a8.jpg22405727_10156526045683475_3651292072349088158_n.jpg.b7d5cc91e16e03ad59784e7057b2dc77.jpg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...