FS Rolls-Royce 1927 P1 Warwick sedan

18 minutes ago, Den41Buick said:

Definitely has eye appeal. Wish I knew more about RR.

Park a RR next to a similar year top of the line Cadillac or Packard and then be in awe of the build quality difference.  A dialed in RR will run forever.  I bad car will bankrupt you instantly.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know the car very well and for many many years now (a friend and I bought a 25/30 Owens Gurney Nutting Drophead for the former owner and I see the current owner at jaguar Club activities on at least a quarterly basis for 15 plus years)    - it is mostly OUTSTANDING original with an older repaint.  The owner is VERY mechanically inclined and fastidious in his work - he has spent a CONSIDERABLE time with the car for it to be very dependable and he has driven it "road trip" wise with success. The car has a fascinating original ownership history too.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS AUTOMOBILE !!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I know the car as well and I completely agree with EVERYTHING that John has said above. Interestingly, this car is the same series and only five digits apart from mine. Several years ago at a CCCA Gilmore meet, we had both cars parked next to each other.  If you are looking for a good Springfield Rolls, this is a great one. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, John,

I just found the information just after I wanted it on the forum. I was purchasing this book in 1975 or 1976 in Brussels, Belgium. It was a bargain!

This Rolls-Royce Phantom I Brewster Warwick Limousine (VIN # S279RM – Brewster Body # B5082) was purchased new by Mrs. Tina Pratt of Rochester, NY (whose husband drove a Rolls-Royce Phantom I Piccadilly Roadster). Excepting new paint in 1963, this automobile is unrestored and a tribute to the fine quality cars.

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

If it will run forever, then how could it ever become a bad car?   🤨

Every car needs routine maintenance. If the car isn’t maintained it will degrade sitting there.  Then mix in a tractor mechanic trying to revive it…

maintaince is everything , especially to older cars etc.  if something is broken, fix it.  lubrication is everything 

to longevity.  oil those springs.  one of my pet pievs is seeing a beautiful car at a show with dry rusty springs, be it a Rolls or

a model T Ford.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:55 AM, alsancle said:

Every car needs routine maintenance. If the car isn’t maintained it will degrade sitting there.  Then mix in a tractor mechanic trying to revive it…

Do not worry, this RR PI has been well maintained (and driven too) for years - Ned Herrmann (Vintage Garage) worked on the car (Ned did some incredible restorations on RR cars), Glenn Grismere worked on the car (he and I bought the 1936 25/30 Owne Gurney Nutting Drophead that was in same garage as this car for 40 some years) and Glenn apprenticed with Ned, I helped Glenn work on the car, a few other people handled this and that over time, and the current owner is EXCEPTIONALLY skilled too (matched to having successfully driven it over time). 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...