Mopar tail light?

greenie

Is is possible that the bolt head has "DDCP"?

With a "P" instead of a "B",

It could represent Dodge DeSoto Chrysler Plymouth

• Like 1

And as "GregLaR" indicated, technically, it's "DPCD" for DodgePlymouthChryslerDeSoto (Imperial was not yet identified as its own brand at the time when this logo came into use)

• Like 1

You guys can't imagine how stunned I was to see that old familiar logo on the underside of a Kenmore sewing machine when I worked for The Singer Co during the seventies. It turned out the machine was made for Sears by the New Departure division of Chrysler Motors. It was an interestingly designed machine in that it was thin cast aluminum alloy and used a small chain to link the rotary hook drive shaft to the vertical shaft from above. I think that they were made in the early fifties, though I never saw many of them in my half of a dozen years with Singer. Ironically, the Henry Ford Museum has one pictured on their website which isn't identified as being Chrysler built. Maybe there is some mention of that fact somewhere in the text, but I got tired of searching. So, yes, if you turned this sewing machine over and looked closely enough, you would find the familiar DPCD logo. And, yes, it's likely that no one at the Ford museum has a clue that it's Chrysler built.

image.png.caabf213589189861714f5f2c8d2e7f7.png

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Huds,

All jesting aside, my hat is off to you my friend.

I swear, this is the most obscure bit of info I have ever read in my 16 years here on this forum!

As a fellow fan of the ambiguous and arcane, I will say your account of the DPCD and Singer connection is worthy of recognition ( no foolin').  :lol:

trophy.jpg.b1c46154ea7542623ac0ed25c62a8d51.jpg

Cheers, Greg