1929 Cadillac Victoria Convertible Coupe 1 of 1

We talked about this somewhere else.  Very very cool.   As someone who likes to have 1 of 1 stuff,  this floats my boat even if it isn't the most attractive car in the world.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/164860847048

1929 Cadillac Victoria Convertible Coupe Style 3885 custom built Fleetwood V8 .  This Cadillac is the only example built of this particular model and is a true 1 of 1 vehicle . Believed to be a test car that Fleetwood used to test fit  many pieces for the upcoming V12 and V16 models. This is a real piece of automotive history that can be used as is or restored for the show field. From its factory custom made trunk to the V windshield  this is a true factory custom built car. This car is believed to have never been apart or molested. The interior has been redone and while in nice condition is believed to be done in incorrect fabrics.  This Cadillac runs and drives nicely and has had recent brake work and fuel system cleaning and drives quite nicely.  It is coming out for sale from a private collection for the first time in many years .This is an opportunity to own a true 1 of 1 and a beautiful piece of Cadillac history .  Restored it would be welcomed on any show field or museum . Feel  free to come inspect the car and or ask any questions. Cadillac is sold as is where is and buyer is responsible for shipping.

Will also be offering a 1953 Cadillac Eldorado  body number 533 for sale soon.

CadillacVictoria-1.jpg

CadillacVictoria-2.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like Big Al helped pick the colors for the repaint. I was consulted on this car extensively. Interesting test bed Caddy. If your into one off cars..........hard to go wrong. It’s a lot like AJ’s high school girlfriends..........hard on the eyes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, edinmass said:

Looks like Big Al helped pick the colors for the repaint. I was consulted on this car extensively. Interesting test bed Caddy. If your into one off cars..........hard to go wrong. It’s a lot like AJ’s high school girlfriends..........hard on the eyes!

I thought we had discussed this somewhere.  Did you advise the seller to sully it on eBay?

btw, I typically batted out of my league in HS.

1 hour ago, bryankazmer said:

I agree.  The beltline looks awkward with the top up but allows the folded top to not stick up.

I agree with both of you that it looks better with the top down.   But it also loses some of its uniqueness that you see with the top up.

• Like 1

Interesting design, five degrees of slant on the windshield and five fewer degrees of slant on the B-pillar window frame would better balance the window set.  A fillet radius for that top well molding transition would also help.    The same top well molding design was used on the Fleetwood convertible sedans, looks just as harsh on those too.

• Like 2

It is interesting.............just like the car that was on America Pickers that was also part of this same experiment. I honestly think they were more interested in seeing how the top and windshield fit and if they were reasonably water tight. Too many areas of the car were let go to save expense. It would be interesting to see what the car has for a transmission. I find it hard to believe this car when new would have been on the streets.......probably just the proving grounds. It certainly wasn't done for consumption. Someone will enjoy it for what it is..........snapshot of history at GM in the early days.

• Like 5