1955 Porsche

My good friend bought it! 

Has to be one of the biggest historically significant finds this year. He agreed to come on as my guest on the AutoLab Show to talk more about it. Super excited to hear more about it with you all! 😃

Stay tuned everbody!!! 

• Like 5

Good to see the car will be brought out and see daylight again.

Orrin Henderson passed away quite awhile ago so I guess it wasn't one of his cars, but I bet he knew about it.

He had a very well known Porsche shop in So Cal and moved to Arizona after retiring but he didn't get into motorcycles, so I guess that rules him out as being the owner as well.

Hi guys,

I was able to book my friend on AutoLab this Saturday! He's the owner of the recent 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder "Container find" LeMan winning race car! He will be coming at about the 8:00am time slot we think, maybe earlier? Can't wait to hear my friend tell the car's story with all of us!

At the 7:00am slot we have Ivan Dutton, the Bugatti Collector and restorer in the UK coming on live. He's an old fellow & quite a fun character!

You can hear (and see) the archived facebook live recorded show anytime. Just scroll down until you see the video and click to watch it, or watch it LIVE with us on facebook live.

LIVE Saturday AM 970  7am-9am  

Spread the word with all your Porsche friends! 
His amazing Porsche collection is in the 100s and they would be interested in this for sure!

Alex Soultanis

• Like 1

This just in. Ivan Dutton, the Buggatti restorer will be on the following week so that AutoLabs own Robert Erskine can cover a story LIVE from the UK about Prince Phillip's custom built hearse that Prince Philip designed. Prince Philip and the Queen herself were mechanics, so Robert will talk about that.

I will share what I saw at the AACA Southeastern Spring Nationals in Charlotte last weekend.

And of course, my friend (and mystery guest) will be on to LIVE to share the amazing story of the Porsche 550 Spyder "container" find that he bought and now owns.

Watch the show LIVE here on Facebook live:

https://m.facebook.com/autolabradio

Saturday morning 7am - 9am AM970

The show is archived each week and be watched on:

www.theAutoLabShow.com

Not my first thought either, but the old Land Rovers are as indearing to the British as our WW2 Jeeps are to Americans. When I thought about it that way, plus knowing Prince Philip actually worked on Land Rovers as mechanic and loved them so much, I started to get it. He was a Car guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KdFwagen said:

Not my first thought either, but the old Land Rovers are as indearing to the British as our WW2 Jeeps are to Americans. When I thought about it that way, plus knowing Prince Philip actually worked on Land Rovers as mechanic and loved them so much, I started to get it. He was a Car guy.

With all due respect, you have to admit it is pretty creepy