Source for brass Serial number tag

just me

Purchased a 1908 Buick F. It currently has a Michigan title. Title reads Vin 

MICHXXXX X being numbers. Obviously an assigned number by the state. 

Can anyone supply a source for a brass Serial number tag with the above vin number. 

Something like the attached sample?

Thanks

Charley

1905-Rambler-Type-I-Surrey-25-1000x750-1.jpg

You may have difficulty finding an engraver who can replicate that exact Rambler font or that exact number font, but if just something somewhat similar is sufficient, any local trophy shop can probably handle that for you. If you don't find someone in your area, I can handle that job for you and mail it to you. Feel free to contact me through my website, or by private message on this site. My website is: http://www.wilmingtonengraving.com/  

On 3/1/2021 at 7:21 PM, just me said:

Purchased a 1908 Buick F. It currently has a Michigan title. Title reads Vin 

MICHXXXX X being numbers. Obviously an assigned number by the state. 

Can anyone supply a source for a brass Serial number tag with the above vin number. 

Something like the attached sample?

Thanks

Charley

1905-Rambler-Type-I-Surrey-25-1000x750-1.jpg

Your Model F did not have any brass plate or any other plate that shows the VIN#.  If you look at the right rear edge of the frame at the back of the car, on the edge of the angle iron about 4 inches from the right side you will find the vin# or chassis number.

If you can not find it, pm me and I will show you where and what it looks like. 

If you live in Ohio, call me as you have my number.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Your Model F did not have any brass plate or any other plate that shows the VIN#.  If you look at the right rear edge of the frame at the back of the car, on the edge of the angle iron about 4 inches from the right side you will find the vin# or chassis number.

If you can not find it, pm me and I will show you where and what it looks like. 

If you live in Ohio, call me as you have my number.

Larry

Thanks, I am familiar with the serial number on the rear frame rail. Unfortunately the Michigan title reads 

VIN MICHXXXX X being a number. 

The car has to have a vehicle inspection prior to the State of Ohio issuing an Ohio title. So they will look for something on the car that matches the MICHXXXX vin number on the current Michigan title. That's the reason for the brass tag. Actually the XXXX numbers on the Michigan title are the same as the numbers stamped on each cylinder. 

Mr. Hinson from a previous reply is going to make a brass tag. 

Best

Charley

Does the car not already have a tag?  Dunno about Michigan but often when a state assigns a serial number, they put their own tag on the car, e.g.,

12063207-1983-mercedes-benz-300d-thumb.j

Before you get too far down this road, you may want to check with your Ohio DMV to see if they require a Michigan-issued tag to go with the title.