AACA movie credits

rocketraider

I'm one of those oddballs who reads movie end credits to find out what music was used, locations, state film office help etc.

Sometimes you'll even see thanks to people who furnished cars and other props.

Just finished watching the original 1982 "Porky's" and at the very end two Florida AACA Regions and the Mercury Club of Florida were credited.

Anyone here own any of the cars that were in "Porky's"? Particularly the tow truck and Porky's step-down Hudson?

Goes to show that even cheesy movies can feature great cars.

• Like 3

No idea, But I do the same. It drives me nuts when my wife changes the channel as soon as the movie ends. I also hate how tv will role right into the next program with a split screen and the credits are so small you cant read them.  I thought I was the only nut in the world that did this😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My family room console was in two pieces. Removed the top and is in great room with the 36" Sony Trinitron that is over 300 lbs. Extended the base to hold the cyber Monday Philips that was only a buck more than the 25" Admiral I bought in 1973.

Had house built in 1984 and has enough room for cats to stampede. Florida is a very low cost of living state and has no income tax.

• Like 1

Entertainment center? Back in the early 1980's we were out for a ride in our 1966 Sunbeam Alpine and came across a yard sale on a back road. They had this neat old dining room sideboard with the legs cut down and drawers removed to make a bookshelf. It's been carrying our TV ever since.

026.thumb.JPG.d913391ad15cf3faeae193995393ab3e.JPG

Good thing that Alpine had a luggage rack.

I also read the credits. It is a little ethnicity game I play.

Bernie

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, padgett said:

25" Admiral I bought in 1973.

I can remember when that was considered big-screen TV.

Growing up in this house, my folks had the first color TV in the neighborhood. A BIG Westinghouse console, 42" long with a 19" screen. Bought for Christmas 1964. My daddy thought he had hit the big time because he could watch "Bonanza" in color.

• Like 2

Often pause at various places in the credits but it is all of the ancillary devices that take up the space

DVD/BR player

250 GB DVR

Roku

VHS

Amplifier/receiver

Record Player

Fan for electronics

UPS

1080p capable video transmitter with reverse IR.

Wireless Telephone base station

Lotsa combiners/splitters/cables.

Try to confine computers to 2nd floor.

Have removed the Video Disk Player, never worked right anyway

ps September 7th 1957 - all color evenings.

nbc57.jpg

I have been a film buff for a long time. Been watching silent movies on television since I was little. I have probably watched well over a hundred silent films, and (?) knows how many other movies across all the later decades. I enjoy early movie history almost as much as early automotive history. So I have always had reasons to read credits, look for names that later became famous in their earlier works, filming locations, and even writing and directing credits. 

Then about forty years ago, I got another reason to read the credits at the end of modern movies. A good friend, younger than I and the young son of an older antique car hobby friend, went into animation straight out of high school. Beginning as self-taught, he went on to studying at college level, and then seriously working in the film industry. He has worked for several major film producers and companies, including Industrial Light and Magic. Every time we would go to the modern movies, for years, we would stay and read through the closing credits. If his name went by, I would shout it out for all the few still remaining to hear! For the past twenty years, he has been a teacher and department head at one of the West coast major film and art colleges.

I miss watching for his name at the end of modern movies. Although there isn't much made anymore that I care to see.

Rarely have I seen credits for the antique automobiles used in movies. And I offhand cannot recall any specific movies that had them. I know the "Dillinger" movie in the 1970s had cars supplied by a Texas antique automobile club. I have told the story on previous threads about the anachronism of a beautifully polished 1910 model T Ford set in a 1930s dusty travel camping park. I could just hear the good club members telling the props people "Oh, Bill is such a good guy, you simply MUST put his car in the movie!"

Lots of fun stuff!

• Like 2

On 2/22/2021 at 9:03 AM, padgett said:

Obviously you need a 75" or larger TV. Then you can read even split screen credits.

I RECORD MOST MOVIES-

Playback at slow speed allows me to examine in detail,

who were the Picture Car Coordinators

examining the music,

some of the lesser known actors, etc

• Like 1

We did a lot of site work for a movie that was filmed locally. My brother became friends with some of the higher ups in production during the process. They said they would put our company name in the credits, to this day I have never seen the movie and have no idea if they did so.