For Sale: 1963 Valiant 100 coupe with 225ci/3.7L slant 6 - $4,500 - Freeland, WA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Valiant 100 coupe with 225ci/3.7L slant 6 - $4,500 - Freeland, WA

1963 Valiant 100 with 225ci/3.7L slant 6 - cars & trucks - by owner... (craigslist.org)

Super fun to drive 63 Plymouth Valiant with 225 slant six and three speed column shifter. I had my fun but need garage space back as family needs shift. Asking price or best offer, lowball offers ignored. Priced to sell. Test drives only with cash in hand after we do a video chat.  Not sure on total mileage, though previous owner rebuilt the slant 6 so probably <1k on rebuild in great shape.
There’s some rust damage on body in spots, but nearly all hidden - parts of floor board, under dash surface rust, trunk lid on interior. Everything has been sand blasted and primed so not growing and easy to manage going forward. I keep it garaged 24/7 and you should too, no driving in the rain. Frame and structure is surprisingly clean and I haven’t seen anything serious beyond some surface rust. It’s not a show car but it looks great, drives great, and lots of fun to drive and to work on. The slant 6 is one of the easiest and most
reliable old motors to wrench on, and gets over 20 MPGs at the same time!  Includes box springs for rear seat, tines for headliner, and an extra chrome bumper, with various parts: gaskets, etc.  odometer: 90683

Copy and paste in your email:  ce280f85ec803512bf283c38997ff5c3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Valiant 100 coupe.

'63 Valiant 100 WA a.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA b.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA c.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA d.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA e.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA f.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA h.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA i.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA g.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA j.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA k.jpg

'63 Valiant 100 WA l.jpg

• Like 1

Car looks like it has been cleaned up nicely, although not to original.

But to me it shows that someone took some pride in it, probably a youngster.

This would make for a great commuter car or maybe a first car.

By the way, that engine is YELLOW !!!!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 4:27 PM, plymouthcranbrook said:

170 was base in smaller cars from 1960 through 1969 the was up graded to a 198 cu in model. 225 stayed the same through the production run from 1960 to 2000 according to our friends at Wikipedia . I only remember up to 1987 or do

So, as basic as this Valiant really is,

The question may be:
Does this car really have the 225 ci Slant Six,

or is the seller just assuming that,

and does it really have the lesser 170 ci Slant Six?

Not necessarily a bad engine, but not the more desireable, and venerable 225?

I can't tell just by looking at the photos,

But both my 1960 with PowerFlyte, and my 1964 Valiant V200 with 3-on-the tree had the more robust 225 - a great engine as I recall

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

So, as basic as this Valiant really is,

The question may be:
Does this car really have the 225 ci Slant Six,

or is the seller just assuming that,

and does it really have the lesser 170 ci Slant Six?

Not necessarily a bad engine, but not the more desireable, and venerable 225?

I can't tell just by looking at the photos,

But both my 1960 with PowerFlyte, and my 1964 Valiant V200 with 3-on-the tree had the more robust 225 - a great engine as I recall

Yes, most guys don't really know which one they have. Especially in the early and smaller cars.

• Like 1

My father was sold a brand new 63 Dodge Dart with a 225. Turns out it was the 170 and the dealership had to take the car back. If the dealers can't tell the difference I imagine it would be difficult for the seller of a car like this to tell. 

This car, IMO, this car is a blank slate. You could buy this car at a low price and make it whatever you want it to be, keep it original, or hot rod it.  This kind of reminds me of the '64 or '65 Ford Falcons the you could pick up cheap and drop a small v8 in and have some fun.  

• Like 1

I talked to the seller about this car.

The title has another year and a half on the branding.

He bought it from a friend and was asking the DMV why he didn't get a title.

Apparently one can sell a car that has a hold on it in Washington and let the buyer wait it out, but I doubt I would want to try and bring it out of state.

He is quite honest about the condition, figures it should not be driven in the rain because it doesn't have any rubber seals on the doors or trunk.

No headliner, rear seat frames only. His buddy did that back seat to accommodate his dogs.

• Like 1