Buick Buy-Sell FB groups

MrEarl

I have been looking for alternative Buick car/parts "wish book" sites. Considering a large number of the listings in the AACA Buy-Sell originate from Facebook I used my wife's FB account to scout out FB Classified and some Buick oriented groups and found quite a few. As I haven't created my own FB page yet and am not up on how to navigate and discern what sites are good or bad, I thought it might help me and others here to seek guidance as to good and bad FB sites to look at. I have however become familiar enough with some of the groups and their members to know I will likely limit my visits  there and participate in discussions very little. Too many "Oh my uncles daughters first cousin once removed had a car like this but it was an Oldsmoblile"  comments

The Buy-Sell sites I've found thus far

Buick Swap Meet

Buick Owners Parts/Swap...

Most groups also allow or include Buy-Sell ads

Classic Buicks

HomeTown Buick

54,55,56 Buick Enthusiasts

1953-1958 Buicks Worldwide

Waterfall Buicks

Please post your favorites or any that you think serve the Buick community well

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Facebook "1939 Buick Owners & Enthusiasts"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1192739244251545/about/

Facebook "Buick's Pre-War of the 30's and 40's"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/116488275466927/about/

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

thanks @jscheib  after all these years I've finally fallen prey to the outside world of FB and registered. It does seem to be a good venue for marketing cars and even more so parts. While I think I will be using it in the near future mainly for that purpose, friends here will get first shot for sure.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2021 at 10:02 AM, MrEarl said:

thanks @jscheib  after all these years I've finally fallen prey to the outside world of FB and registered. It does seem to be a good venue for marketing cars and even more so parts. While I think I will be using it in the near future mainly for that purpose, friends here will get first shot for sure.

Welcome to the world of Facebook, social media and spyware!

For personal reasons, I created a facebook account with a FB only email on gmail then used a fake name.  Keep no friends, shut down all access and limit my activity to parts searching.  I never was interested in electronic friends and what they ate for lunch.  So far this isolation has served me well.  I'll take your phone call or a personal visit anytime!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1