For Sale: 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe 4dr sedan (exciting Cadillac look) - $3,500 - Longmont, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe four door sedan  (exciting Cadillac look) - $3,500 - Longmont, CO

1950 Chevrolet deluxe four door sedan - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

1950 Chevrolet Deluxe Four door sedan.  inline six cylinder, Power-glide automatic, six volt system.  This car has been stored in a barn for the last 20 years.  Engine runs and sounds good and has 30 psi oil pressure according to the gauge. The transmission will move the car when filled with fluid, but i think it has a front pump seal leaking or torque converter leaking.(needs to be repaired to drive).  Brakes need repaired also in order to drive.  Car is sold as is !!!  Price 3500.00 obo cash only no trades!

Contact:   call (970)-5-nine-3-8-9-zero-one ask for Duane or leave message

Copy and paste in your email:   08d2aca4c8893142be1cc67416c3eea1@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Chevrolet Deluxe four door sedan. 

Note: The aftermarket tailfins and Cadillac-style taillights were offered by accessory jobbers to give your Chevy or Pontiac that "exciting new Cadillac look".

'50 Chevrolet CO d.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO c.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO b.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO a.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO e.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO f.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO g.jpg

'50 Chevrolet CO h.jpg

• Like 1

Radio, heater, backup lights, fender skirts, hood ornament and what looks like the deluxe steering wheel. 

This was a loaded 1950 Chevrolet showboat. The fins were likely added when new. (maybe even by the dealer?) 

All the features of the current Cadillac, minus the V-8. . . . . neat car. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GregLaR said:

I have not seen those before either but I think they're a very cool aftermarket add-on!

Great article Malo. Thanks for the share.

CCC-customizing-cadillac-tail-fins-aftermarket-items.thumb.jpg.ec8afebd3a1118431d4d4bcb78ce6778.jpg

The odd think is, aside from their unitized appearance (and the red tape on the lens on the right side of the Chevy) they actually don't look that bad, stylistically. No worse than the add-on looking chrome fins that Chrysler put on their 1955 models from the factory, anyway. Pretty cool, indeed!

55ChryslerWagon11.jpg

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)

Also noted it has two different taillight lenses-

I remember when these were offered throough J.C. Whitney's catalogue