1936-38 Buick rear bumper panel /stone deflector

Paul White

Hi All,

Looking at exploring this new topic, I see the Bob's sells what they call a "bumper panel" for the '38 Buick. I was wondering whether anyone had images of their OEM bumper panel/ stone guard with a particular focus on whether there might have been one designed specifically for the '36.  I have found this image on the Barns Finds website to get things started.

1936 buick stone deflector.jpg

Paul:

My car did not have one. I got this from a pile of cast off restoration parts from a 1937 40C. It was pretty bent and twisted. This is the one I worked at straightening for my 1937-41. I had to make a missing tab and the right side is still not quite correct. I had to add an extra nut under the bumper bolt /tab on the ends so as not to twist and deform it . Also not to tear the welds on the tabs open again. DSCF8416.thumb.JPG.fae2a94683fe11fa509356f971dae309.JPG

The rear bumper gravel shield was missing from my 1937 Century when I bought it. I bought a used one from Dave Tachney several years ago. I have not actually installed it yet. I did reinstall the original one on my 1938 Century restoration project. 

If anyone needs one for any 1936-1941 Buick, I would suggest they call Dave. He likely has one, although another alternative for some of the 1937-1940 ones is Bob's Automobila. https://bobsautomobilia.com/index.php?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&q=rear+bumper&dispatch=products.search&page=1