Jack Jones, BCA #3731

Pete Phillips

I'm sad to report the passing of one of my dearest friends in the BCA, Jack Jones of Indianapolis, who died this week at the age of 90--partly due to the Covid virus, as I understand it. If there was ever a guy who lived, breathed, and bled Buick blood, it was Jack. He began selling new Buicks in 1955, and did that for more than 50 years. He also attended and sold Buick memorabilia at nearly every Buick Club national meet that was held in the last 50 years, if it was within 1000 miles of Indianapolis. He was a very active member of the Central Indiana Chapter of the BCA, being instrumental in both of the national meets that they hosted, including the one at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the 1980s. Jack served one term on the BCA Board of Directors in the late 1990s/early 2000s.

When I last visited him in June of this year, he was still buying Buick memorabilia, preparing to be a vendor at next year's BCA national meet in Ohio, and even tried to sell me a nice '65 Skylark that he had recently acquired from an elderly lady.

I am told by his son, Larry, that there will be a memorial car show and get-together next year in Indianapolis for all who knew Jack. 

I will miss him very much.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Jack Jones and me.jpg

Edited by Pete Phillips
Add photo (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Jack used to attend and sell his Buick memorabilia at the annual Riviera Owners Association meets, also.  We ROA members had a scary occurrence happen at the 2015 meet in St. Charles, IL, when Jack suddenly became sick and fell while setting up his wares with his wife.  He was taken to the local hospital where he spent the next couple of days.  I used to make a point to visit and kid with him at every BCA and ROA meet...he was a very interesting guy with a lot of stories to tell.  I remember joking with him that his memorabilia prices were always in the stratosphere!  I will miss him and his stories.  RIP, Jack. 

Thanks for the news.....but  we hate to hear this type of news. 

Seems like I always had a long conversation with Jack at every national meet,  one questions lead to one of his stories and you always left knowing something new. 

It was not that long ago that he lost his wife Joanne..... 

RIP 

• Like 1