1908 Brush For Sale

Hi I've got a 1908 brush that has been sitting in my garage for a long time car will start but does not have much compression so it won't hardly move. Its in excellent condition and all is origanal except the seat was redone in the 80s. Curious where I should start with selling or if it is worth selling.

You should start with a photo and your location, Many would like a Brush if it wasn't sold by Fuller. The rings could be stuck causing low compression. Give it some Marvel Mystery Oil in the combustion chamber roll the engine over a few times and see if you get better compression in a few days. I'll trade a farmer Ford T truck for it.

7 hours ago, Cgarv12 said:

Hi I've got a 1908 brush that has been sitting in my garage for a long time car will start but does not have much compression so it won't hardly move. Its in excellent condition and all is origanal except the seat was redone in the 80s. Curious where I should start with selling or if it is worth selling.

certainly worth selling and there will be plenty of interested people. The Brush is a fine little car, although not particularly valuable, enough were made and still exist for there to be a following with some knowledgeable people.  I seem to recall there being some part of them that tends to not hold up (rear end or transmission... something)... creating a situation of there being a lot of running but not roadable Brush cars in existence. Wooden wheels, wooden axles, woodnt run. 

If you want some armchair appraisals, post some images and more thorough description.  

• Like 1

It is transmissions that are in short supply. I have been interested in the little Brush cars for along time. Nearly bought one a couple times. One seller couldn't make up his mind and eventually sold his for a bit less than I had offered (I had bought something else by the time he was ready to sell). I very much doubt that I will ever get one at this point. I am not in the market to buy anything at this time, too many projects to work on already.

They are fun little cars, inexpensive entry into the early horseless carriage crowd, and decent one and two cylinder tour cars. Not large, or powerful or fast. But once well sorted, fairly reliable and relatively inexpensive to work on (as long as the transmission is in good condition!). They are somewhat desirable and are worth some money, although don't expect to fund the kids' education or set up your retirement account from one. A lot more information and lots of photos will be needed to get a good estimate of value. Really nice examples in ready to tour condition sell for about $30,000 or less. Needing much work, a lot less.

56 minutes ago, 89tc said:

What's one of those worth (to sell) that needs work or a restoration? I'm thinking it would be impossible to find parts if they were needed. 

Also, did someone say "wooden axle"??

yes, they have axles made of wood.  These are obviously not drive axles. 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1910-brush-model-d/

This one sold in unknown mechanical condition with a presentable but old restoration a few months ago for $11,500. I watched the auction and thought the sales price was a bit low, but I don’t know the car or what issues it may have so it could have been all the money in the world. 

Wow, that is cheap for a car in that condition. 

I've never been a fan of bringatrailer though, because if they don't like the car you're trying to sell then they won't even respond to your email. Also, I'm not a big fan of how they describe the colors of every car, it's dumb (white over cream, black over red, blue over navy, etc...). I'll bet whomever words the colors that way also wears driving gloves when he drives his Hyundai to work. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 5:53 PM, Cgarv12 said:

If you're interested in selling, I'm interested in buying!  Of course that depends on price, location, and condition.

35 minutes ago, steveinky said:

If you're interested in selling, I'm interested in buying!  Of course that depends on price, location, and condition.

The OP has not logged in since the day the first post was placed. 

@Cgarv12 this may prompt a response. 

I was elsewhere in the forum, and a notification popped up just as though I had received a "like" or someone quoted me or PMed me. It also popped up in the notifications list at the upper right of the screen. It has not sent me any email, at least not so far.

Original Poster.  For Sale Forum Rules:

Buy and Sell Rules

Subject:  Put either "FS" for "For Sale" or "WTB" for "Want to Buy" in the subject line along with the year, make and model, etc.

Tags: Please use the tags provides in addition to putting them in the subject.

Description: Please include the following information in the body of your post: Year, Make, Model, Description, Photos - lots of photos! (strongly suggested), Price (strongly suggested), Location (City, State, Country), Contact Information (Name, Email and Phone)

Posts not following the rules will be deleted without comment.

• Like 1