Beautiful day in Gettysburg November 7

greenie

Despite all the dire predictions, the Show at Gettysburg was blessed with great weather and a good crowd. There was even a little line at the entrance, waiting to get your temperature taken. Fortunately, they used a digital thermometer! Please add your pictures.

A4169497-2E19-47F6-BD1C-6F6812B8AC2E.jpeg

31733F38-2E3B-4ECC-BA83-103DDEA708B0.jpeg

3531D5E3-8F2C-4E6E-9B49-1F14BB005DEE.jpeg

3F7E72AC-4142-4299-9C7C-F39259F3AAF2.jpeg

6906DA81-9F50-4DF3-AC12-7FDB698979AB.jpeg

D5DAB48D-A7A9-4037-B5EC-8B98A11D51AE.jpeg

• Like 2

Guest Mark McAlpine

It was a beautiful day in Gettysburg with about 600 vehicles on the show field.  The high temp in the afternoon was 74 F (dropping to about 42 at night).  Who would have expected such great weather on 7 November in Pennsylvania?  All those who stayed home because they expected cold or bad weather missed a great show.  Kudos and thanks to all involved for organizing and hold the show, experience Paula Ruby (Chairperson), Stan Kulikowski (Chief Judge), and Pat Buckley (Registration Chairperson)!  Thanks also to all the volunteers and the AACA HQ staff who helped make it happen--we couldn't have held the show without them.  And, of course, thanks to all the members who registered and brought their vehicles to the show and all the members who served as judges & judging administration--you can't have a car show with cars and judges.

I'll post more photos after we get home, but one of the highlights of the show was a display of military vehicles owned by Frank Buck and destined for the military museum he's building in Gettysburg, PA--"The World War II American Experience."  I can't wait to visit the museum when it opens--if the vehicles displayed today were only a handful of the vehicles in the collection, it will be one of the top military museums in the country.

IMG_1211.JPG

IMG_1213.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1218.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

IMG_1226.JPG

IMG_1228.JPG

IMG_1230.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

IMG_1234.JPG

IMG_1237.JPG

IMG_1240.JPG

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

Edited by Mark McAlpine
And thanks to volunteers, HQ staff, owners, and judges. (see edit history)

This show was one of the best that I have been to. The weather played a huge part in the success,  but the hard work and organization of the AACA members was amazing. We have used this venue before and the Wyndham

management continues to go out of its was to accommodate all of the needs of the show organizers.

I agree that the military collection of the Buck family was a great addition the the show. It always seemed

to have crowds surrounding the collection.  Thanks again to all that contributed.

Dave Gray

• Like 3

When we left home yesterday in our 1924 Lincoln touring(side curtains installed) it was 35 degrees and the car loved it . What a beautiful drive this time of year through the mountains,only topped off by the show itself. One of the best I have ever attended with so many great cars and people. All the people involved deserve a "well done"

Thank you!

As a side note from a life long resident,don't ever try to guess what our weather might be this time of year😉

• Like 5

Just got home an hour ago. What a great show. Perfect weather and a great turnout of beautiful cars and people. Thanks to all in the AACA Staff and Paula Ruby and the Gettysburg Region and all who helped Judging and entrants also. What a great way to end the year! I only had the chance to take about 100 photos and will put them up on the FaceBook AACA page later today if anyone is interested. Thanks again to all in the AACA!!!!!!

IMG_8089.JPG

IMG_8232.JPG

IMG_8179.JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

IMG_8239.JPG

• Like 1

Great weather, great event, glad I was there.  Thank you to all of those who have made it possible.  Two of the three events held this year were at Gettysburg, and I love going every time, and can't wait to go back.

Although it isn't Hershey, Hershey isn't Gettysburg, and we had a great event.  If this COVID doesn't clear up, I'll gladly go back there.  I don't care if it's one event or three events....

• Like 5

Yes indeed- Pat, sorry we didn't see you there, but our thoughts were with you.  It was a great event, well run as it was for the AGN there.  We've now been there for four events, including one national MG club gathering.  If you have to design a facility for car shows, it would be this one.  Thanks to all involved in running things there to make it the best possible in view of the circumstances.  Everyone, even first timers, was impressed with the quality of the vehicles and all involved in managing it.  Even the temperature-takers at the front entrance were cheerful.  I'm sure they were smiling behind the masks.  Like Arnold said - "We'll be back!"

Terry

• Like 3

Does anyone know if they only used the Florida show and the Grand National meet to pick the national award winners. The reason I ask is a letter was sent out by the chief judging stating that the cars that were chosen from those two events had to submit their pictures by November 1st. Any pictures submitted after November 1st would be disqualified. 

KK

On 11/9/2020 at 8:38 AM, Terry Bond said:

Yes indeed- Pat, sorry we didn't see you there, but our thoughts were with you.  It was a great event, well run as it was for the AGN there.  We've now been there for four events, including one national MG club gathering.  If you have to design a facility for car shows, it would be this one.  Thanks to all involved in running things there to make it the best possible in view of the circumstances.  Everyone, even first timers, was impressed with the quality of the vehicles and all involved in managing it.  Even the temperature-takers at the front entrance were cheerful.  I'm sure they were smiling behind the masks.  Like Arnold said - "We'll be back!"

Terry

DITTO!!  I've been there for three AACA events and two Early Ford V8 Club events.  With the SPAAMFAA convention and the 2009 Spring Meet being held at the Eisenhower, that makes 7 events in the last 11 years held in Gettysburg that I've been to and I can't wait to go back.  If this COVID thing doesn't clear up, I wouldn't care if they did the Annual Meeting, spring, AGNM and Fall meet right there next year.  Steph and I have been to Gettysburg  twice on our own without any car show.

I love the Wyndham!!  Great facility.  With the restaurants you don't even have to leave the property if you don't want to.

Yes that event was with a heavy heart.  It was the first time the '37 Plymouth pickup had ever been shown at an AACA meet without my dad's name on the windshield card.  My mom and wife were crying when we rolled out of the driveway because we rolled out without my dad. 

The double takes on the showfield were impressive because people weren't used to seeing me drive something green.  They're always used to seeing me driving something red.  I had a lot of people approach me to extend their condolences.  As a matter of fact I had people stop me before I even walked into the hotel to check in.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...