Saw this chassis on a trailer yesterday. Any thoughts?

zipdang

T chassis and agree it is for a speedster or hotrod build.

The front split bones are set up as the 35-48 Ford "spring ahead" suspension, and the forward pieces of the bones look like late 30s to late 40s.  I can't see enough of the front axle to tell what year Ford it came from, but it's not T.

The rear split bones won't survive, as it will crack the brackets on the rear axle tubes or crack where the bone is welded to the rear axle tube brackets. 

Split bones can and do survive on a I-beam front axle because the beam will twist easily as one wheel goes up.  The rear axle assembly cannot twist, so something else will stress and crack over time during body roll, cornering etc.  This is basic old school hot rodding knowledge on what happens when trying to mount the front of the rear trailing arms to the frame-rails, instead of in the center of the chassis.

• Like 1

Someone's really BAD idea for a hotrod. V8 era Ford axles, model T frame (not nearly strong enough to handle the power intended for the axles and drive-line). The torque tube has been removed, with a U-joint added, showing intention for a likely modern engine. Some strange use of later radius rods both front and rear.

I love model T Fords! And hotrods can be alright if done properly. This? NO.

• Like 1