The "Wooden Car " when I was a kid around 1965 we rode in.

mikewest

When I was a kid a neighbor was always working on a project. One winter he stripped the body off a rusted out car that he drove and had replaced . He built a plywood body  that had no doors and a rumble seat. The dash had toggle switches for everything and no speedometer. It was painted bright red. Marty Brennan - Livonia NY  (the owner) gave anyone that wanted a ride around the neighborhood in his new creation. I just found a picture of the car and thought someone might like to see it. I dont remember what the chassis make was but sure the tailights  might be a clew.

marty brennans wood car.jpg

• Like 5

On 9/14/2020 at 10:41 PM, GregLaR said:

Did he tow it behind this matching red motorhome? :lol:

1478279696_homemademotorhome.jpeg.5048d97e675878dfd231f9367bbe0ffa.jpeg

I'm not even sure that's wood. I'm thinking plaster of paris or maybe paper mache. He probably wanted to make something cooler than a volcano for his school science project!😄

10 hours ago, George Cole said:

In November 1964, Mechanix Illustrated Magazine published an article with diagrams and detailed instructions on how to build a plywood car.  As a barely-teenager, I thought this was the neatest thing ever and that I would someday build one.  Never happened. :(

s-l640.jpg

....And in 1975 the Urbacar. I might still do it... Never too late.... :D

UC007_cvr1-1.jpg

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)
  • Like 1