IS THIS BOTTLE A OLD DODGE PART ?

thehandleman

THIS IS AN EMBALMING FLUID BOTTLE !

It was the Dodge Chemical Company, and I think they still are in business.

I cleaned out the cellar of a funeral home that was sold and converted to a residence about 20 years ago,  and I remember these bottles.

No relation the the car people. 

I just checked ebay, and there is a pretty lively market for old embalming fluid bottles;  I found a few like this one.

Here is one like it, with a paper label. 

Pyramid bottle.jpg

Edited by Douglas Gilmore Brown (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The processes and techniques between embalming a body and bleeding brakes are so identical that it might startle you. 

In both cases you run a fluid into a (pipe) until they are flushed out and only clear fluid comes out. then you seal it up and do the other side. 

In both situations you are supposed to be careful about where and how you dispose of the old fluid. . . . 

Oh, and you have to use the correct fluid that is compatible with the system. Some embalming fluids will react with a jaundiced body and badly discolor it. 😲

8 minutes ago, m-mman said:

The processes and techniques between embalming a body and bleeding brakes are so identical that it might startle you. 

In both cases you run a fluid into a (pipe) until they are flushed out and only clear fluid comes out. then you seal it up and do the other side. 

In both situations you are supposed to be careful about where and how you dispose of the old fluid. . . . 

Oh, and you have to use the correct fluid that is compatible with the system. Some embalming fluids will react with a jaundiced body and badly discolor it. 😲

I’m NOT going to ask how you know that...

• Like 1