64 Mercury convertible, not mine

Not mine

https://albany.craigslist.org/cto/7160006498.html

Ad text:

64 merc conv.,,352 FE engine,,automatic trans,,edelbrock aluminum f-427 4 barrel intake,,solid lifter cam,, runs and shifts very nicely,,comes with 2 sets of wheels and tires,,14" chrome smoothies with very good bias wide whites and 15" Lincoln wires with new radial black walls,,black interior with buckets and consol,,hartz top that works as it should,,aluminum radiator,,power steering and brakes, rechromed bumpers,,ford electronic ignition,,,not a perfect car but a comfortable and fun car to cruise in,,car was restored about 8 years ago,, $13,000,,car can be seen and driven at 37 Jefferson st troy ny,,mon thru fri,,10-5,,or call,, show contact info
,for other times or to ask questions,,,sorry no trades, do not have a parade boot, please call as car may be in Grafton

00H0H_ay0y0frLbux_0qr0eS_600x450.jpg

And the important phone number from the ad is 518-272-0792.

The car looks very nice, and thank you for sharing your find.

There was a '64 Mercury convertible in this very color at

Hershey several years ago.  I suspect it wasn't the same car,

because this car has non-original wheel covers and air cleaner;

but the color is distinctive and unusual.

44 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Shipping is just a call or email away...

Yea,  I've been burned before.  I wouldn't spend that cash on something I've never seen in person unless I had some sort of buyer protection.

Wow, there are several big Mercury convertibles from the 60's on the for sale forum right now. Love it!

Though I'm not exactly crazy about the color of this car, it seems to look era appropriate. Standard wheels an covers would make it look even better.

This car has been for sale for atleast a year if not two.  I'm not sure why it hasn't sold,  Color?  Maybe some other issue,  or maybe it's just because it's a Mercury.  They seem to have little love in the 60's or even post 56 to begin with.  Is there something going on with the body? It's odd the trim doesn't continue on to the quarter and then the trim seems to stop abruptly at the wheel,   Did it originally have wheel well moldings? Almost seems like it should have. 

Wow, this is a complete "bitsa"!   

It has 64 Galaxie door panels, 64-66(?) Thunderbird seats with a console (and floor shift(?) added from the Galaxie as the base Monterey was not offered with bucket seats and console. (only the top line Parklane offered buckets)  

The rear seat is 1963 Galaxie. Only the rear interior panels are 64 Monterey. 

The aluminum panel behind the tail lights is a Parklane version instead of the Monterey. 

I'm thinking the wheels are 15" instead of the original 14" 

The incorrect engine has been noted (all 64 Mercs were 390)

Shinny, but I wonder what else it's hiding. 

The 64 Mercury color name was "Bittersweet" (also used for the 1956 coral color)

The 64 Thunderbird color name was a better sounding "Samoan coral". . . 

Officially used on only Mercs and T-Birds there have been 64 Galaxies painted this color

• Like 2