37 Packard Limo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1937-Packard-Barn-Find-V12-1508-Touring-Limousine-144-W-B/274385661995?hash=item3fe2a8f02b:g:O9YAAOSwcpJe1b11

“Barn Find” 1937 Packard V12 1508 Touring Limousine 

144” W.B. With A Divider Window & 2 Jump Seats

For over 50 years in a barn this Black Senior Packard is very solid with minimal surface rust, all the glass is intact and not broken. The wood structure is extremely solid and all 4 doors open and close very good without sagging. The V12 engine and transmission is out of the car and is not running however the engine is complete including the carburetor. The original interior is all intact and is in descent condition for its age- Black leather in the front and Tan cloth in the back. This car features a banjo steering wheel, a heater, dual side mounts with covers and a trunk rack. This Rare V12 Packard needs restoration, but is well worth restoring and possibly can make you lots of $$ in the limo business. The car is sold as is with a clean title. If you have any questions please call my cell 440-221-3900 or email me. Good luck!

Just now, suchan said:

Already bid to $27K???

The winner needs our condolences.

The car has a lot of SERIOUS pluses and there is a flip side of the coin that if you are doing a high point open car it would be dreamy to trade off a few choice pieces to make sure you had the best of the best on your convertible.  That said though, someone will need to be very handy to do a cost effective restoration. 

I don't know, what's a complete Packard V12 engine and transmission worth? Maybe that much. A friend of mine (a well-known restorer) has several dozen stacked on shelves and I don't think he lets them go for less than $35,000.

• Like 1

Late model Packard V-12 engines are not that difficult to source. I passed on one for 12,500 recently. It's a nice solid car. Is it a restoration or parts car? Depends on the buyer. If you want to clean it up and drive as is with just motor repairs its a roll of the dice. Need a retirement project? Sure looks like a solid machine. 

Two or three days and a couple hundred bucks to properly prepare that car for sale and the current owner as well as the previous owner would think I had taken advantage of them.

At least they took it off the trailer for the pictures.

• 1 month later...

Again, a car like this has some serious pluses as when you are done with it there are certain parts on it that will stand much taller than the rest or the herd - and hate to say it, but would not surprise me if choice pieces find there way to an open car restoration project and the car be offered again in another year or so slightly more disassembled.