Pre-War Cars in Nebraska (Maybe)

M1842

I found this picture that my grandfather took in around 1935-6-7 at what might have been a CCC camp in western Nebraska, Grampa was a camp physician for the CCC.  I am basing the date on the general styles of the cars but if someone(s) would like to have a go at the cars in the foreground, I'd be delighted to hear what they are to get a "no earlier than"  date. Unfortunately, Grampa passed in 1973 and I didn't find the negative until 2016 when my father passed.

Mark

Cars circa 1935.jpg

The newest car I see is a 1936 or 1937 sedan. The next oldest would be the 1936 Dodge Brothers coupe fourth from the left in the long row. Looks to be a 1935 Ford this side of the coupe. About a 1933 Chevrolet truck in front of that. Not sure what the one on the end is.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

If the picture was taken in Nebraska, then the year would be 1936.  The license plates appear to be a dark color with light colored numbers which match 1936 (silver numbers on black).  The plates for 1935 and 1937 are a light color with dark numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 6:02 PM, keiser31 said:

The newest car I see is a 1936 or 1937 sedan. The next oldest would be the 1936 Dodge Brothers coupe fourth from the left in the long row. Looks to be a 1935 Ford this side of the coupe. About a 1933 Chevrolet truck in front of that. Not sure what the one on the end is.

Looks like a '34 Olds to me

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...