re-proportioned 47 Plymouth

Dan Lindquist has posted many pictures on Facebook pages.  Most of them are fantastic.  This one of a re-proportioned 47 Plymouth looks real great to me.  Not being familiar with all the nuances of this car can you give an opinion and tell me what he had changed.

Any/all comments appreciated.

47 Plymouth, re-proportioned.jpg

Me neither.  It looks  completely bone stock to me too.

But maybe its just my poor sense of detecting  extremely subtle changes - my wife will go to the beauty shop to get her hair cut  into some  fantastic new way,  and when she gets back I think she looks exactly the same, only 120 bucks poorer!

• Haha 1

1115052218_47Plymouthre-proportioned.thumb.jpg.2efab035c5b86f51b294079550c15c6a.jpg

16321987-1947-plymouth-business-coupe-std.jpg

It's chopped slightly, looks like maybe the trunk was plumped up a bit, the door is a little longer based on how much quarter panel is showing behind the trailing edge of the door, and perhaps even the front fender is a bit longer, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

It's chopped slightly, looks like maybe the trunk was plumped up a bit, the door is a little longer based on how much quarter panel is showing behind the trailing edge of the door, and perhaps even the front fender is a bit longer, too.

Yes.  Thank you Matt.

There were made the 1947 Plymouth Club Coups and the 1947 Business Coups.

The Business Coups had smaller rear side windows and smaller door side windows. They also had a shorter cab.

The red one is a Business Coup and the other, a Club Coup which was never reproportioned.

• Like 3

Dan Lindquist has posted thirty plus photos on Facebook.  Lots of them are cars from the 30's.  He or whoever does the artwork certainly has talent.  I could post more but am afraid of the backlash when you guys see what he does with some "Classics".  I downloaded most of his pictures so if you want to see more say so and I will start a thread on "General Discussion" or wherever you suggest.

• 1 year later...