15X7 Buick Rally Wheels (5x5 bolt pattern) Wanted

Hello,

I am looking to purchase a full set (4) of 15X7 Buick Rally wheels with the 5x5 bolt pattern for use on my 1977 Buick Riviera.  These wheels were typically originally found on the 80's Buick full-size (b-body) wagons.  The wheels don't have to be 'mint' but definitely good driver quality or better (i.e., not looking for wheels that need to be completely refurbished!).  I live in the Milwaukee, WI area....

If anyone has a set, please let me know.

Thank-you!

-Chris

I have a set of 4 from a '76 LeSabre. Good driver quality.  Straight but with some surface rust and scuffs in the usual places.  $455 plus shipping from San Diego area.  PM if interested.  EDIT:  per RIVNUT's explanation below these are the standard 15x6 / 5x5 code JJ (see additional photo) from the factory.  Outer edge to edge would be 7".  Bead to bead is 6".  Suspect OP knows that, but just want to be clear. These are factory big car wheels.

20200508_151242.jpg

20200513_143316.jpg

Edited by RedSky455
clarification of condition (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

If you're a seller or a buyer,  make sure that you know how to measure the width of a rim. It is NOT the outside to outside measurements that you're looking at.  It's the distance inside the rim where the tire bead sits.  Usually a full half inch difference. Take a look at this illustration.  Unless the wheel originally came off an Estate Wagon, it's NOT a 7 inch rim.

21445614_200711817130_rimwidth.jpg.f339a0fb84803fb3395ee9da5f8ab2af.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank-you to all so far for the replies.  Per RivNut's comments, I have done a lot of research on the rally wheels and both buyers and sellers do need to be careful as Buick had a number of variations of the rally wheels over the years.  I was able to find a chart that listed the various versions.  It looks like the wheels I am looking for are stamped with the rim code '011.'  I believe they will also have '15x7' and 'JJ' stamped on them.  RedSky, I appreciate you noting that your wheels are the 15x6's.  I can't quite make out the rim code but the 15x6's with the 5x5 bolt pattern are commonly codes 802, 853, or 895.  I currently have 15x6's on my Riviera (I don't recall their codes off of the top of my head) and want to upgrade the size (width) of the tires I have on the car.  That's the reason I am looking to find a set of 15x7's.  My research also indicates that RivNut is 100% on par with the thought that the 011 code rims were originally only offered from the factory on the wagons.

-Chris

59 minutes ago, Lesabre T-type Chris said:

I was able to find a chart that listed the various versions. 

This would be very, very handy if you can post the table or the link to it here or somewhere on the forum. 

Hope you find what you're looking for; getting to be slim pickin's out there....

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lesabre T-type Chris said:

Thank-you to all so far for the replies.  Per RivNut's comments, I have done a lot of research on the rally wheels and both buyers and sellers do need to be careful as Buick had a number of variations of the rally wheels over the years.  I was able to find a chart that listed the various versions.  It looks like the wheels I am looking for are stamped with the rim code '011.'  I believe they will also have '15x7' and 'JJ' stamped on them.  RedSky, I appreciate you noting that your wheels are the 15x6's.  I can't quite make out the rim code but the 15x6's with the 5x5 bolt pattern are commonly codes 802, 853, or 895.  I currently have 15x6's on my Riviera (I don't recall their codes off of the top of my head) and want to upgrade the size (width) of the tires I have on the car.  That's the reason I am looking to find a set of 15x7's.  My research also indicates that RivNut is 100% on par with the thought that the 011 code rims were originally only offered from the factory on the wagons.

-Chris

The 802 and 853 wheels are basically the same other than the face which allows the 853 to clear disk brake calipers.  895 wheels came out in 1971. The biggest difference is the back spacing.  The 895 has 1/2" deeper back spacing which sets the face of the wheel 1/2" closer to the outer edge of the rim.  Very easy to spot. If you lay a straight edge across the face of an 802 or 853 wheel, the center is below the straight edge. If you do the same to an 895 wheel, the straight edge will rest on the center about 1/2" above the rim.  

On 5/18/2020 at 5:44 PM, Lesabre T-type Chris said:

Here is a weblink for the Buick wheel chart I spotted as a part of my research....  This may be helpful for others looking for wheels...

https://www.teambuick.com/reference/rallye_wheels.php

-Chris

Chris, knowing I had an assortment of Buick Ralley wheels I went looking in my storage unit for #853’s and found one BUT I found three 011 15 x 7 wheels dtd 3-18-82 JJ.  They came off a Riv that had been sitting at a salvage yard for a while so the back sides are a bit rusty. If you are interested in them I will take photos and you can evaluate if you want them. Let me see how they clean up with a little elbow grease before I quote you a price.

Chuck Nixon

Edited by chuckfmtexas (see edit history)

If anyone is considering putting a set of these 15x7, code 011, wheels on their car make sure that you look at the chart linked in the post above and note the backspacing of the 7" wheel.  It's 7/8" deeper than the 15x6 early wheels.  That means that your tire is going to be almost an inch closer to the frame.  Sure it will hold a bigger tire, but a bigger tire, wider wheel, and deeper backspacing might mean that you have some real clearance problems. 

Ed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All,

I was able to locate 3 of these wheels.  I am still in the market for one additional wheel for sure, although I would also be willing to consider a pair (so one could be used with the spare in the trunk).  If anyone has any available please let me know.

Since this post has been out there for a while, to be clear, I am looking for 5x5 bolt spacing, 15x7.  Code is 011.  As has been pointed out by some folks on this and other threads, these are the 'Buick Road Wheels' although it is common to lump them in with the 'Buick Rally Wheel' description.  These 'Road Wheels' are a one-piece wheel with a detachable center cap.  The 'Rally Wheels' are technically a 2 piece wheel (you can see a seam where the 5-spoke section meets the wheel section) along with a removeable center cap.

Sincerely,

Chris

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, Ralph Walke said:

Still looking for 1 or 2   011 Buick road wheels  with 5 inch bolt pattern in good condition.

I have a 011 in outstanding condition. I can send a picture if you like and still in the hunt.

Bob Burnopp ( ROA member and vendor)

bobbburnopp@icloud.com

Which ones would fit a ‘52 Special? I have a set on my project, but it seems that the centers aren’t large enough to accommodate the hubs on the front drums. These have a couple of Riviera caps on two of them.Or can I purchase spacers to offset the rims enough to fit the hubs? I really like the look and would hate to go a different route. 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

There was a "give a away" set on the V8buick site, guess they got snapped up pretty quick.  All about being in the right place at exactly the right time.   I've never seen any, in the wild, did see some nice Aluminum Alloys once on a mid Eighties Buick wagon in Albuquerque yard, but passed them by.  Wound up dumping ten "895's" a while ago, simply too common.  And too far away from anyone that might have wanted them.    

Edited by newmexguy (see edit history)