1969 429 Mustang 13k miles

You have to wonder at the mindset that buys a car, drives it home, then never touches it again. I do know the era, costly gas, high insurance still but not as bad as ten years before.I had a1982 Mustang H. O. at that time and the insurance was not much more than a regular car.  Did the Owner anticipate today’s market or just have too much inertia.  I expect we will never know.

So here is the issue,  there is no such thing as a high mileage Boss 429.   Every one of them is low mileage.  You get to 200k and you are in range of buying a really nice one.  

I wonder if the tires are generating all the interest.   And I agree with Matt,  what a bad auction.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

Reality:

Me: $9000 Plymouth with 128,000 miles. Ad includes a 1200-word description, 100 detailed, well-lit photos, and a video of a cold start and run from both ends of the car.

Buyers: Do you have proof of the mileage? Do you have full ownership records back to new? Has it been properly serviced for the past 56 years with detailed receipts? Have you already fixed all the things that I want fixed and if not, will you fix everything I want fixed for free? By the way, I don't buy cars with more than two owners. Will you take $2300? I have a rusty 1977 Ford Granada that needs a new block, are you interested in a trade? I value my Granada slightly more than yours, so I'll need your clean, running, driving car plus cash to make it work.

Dream world:

Boss 429 seller: Two sentences, four photos, and a lot of dust.

Buyers: No questions, I'll take it!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Reality:

Me: $9000 Plymouth with 128,000 miles. Ad includes a 1200-word description, 100 detailed, well-lit photos, and a video of a cold start and run from both ends of the car.

Buyers: Do you have proof of the mileage? Do you have full ownership records back to new? Has it been properly serviced for the past 56 years with detailed receipts? Have you already fixed all the things that I want fixed and if not, will you fix everything I want fixed for free? By the way, I don't buy cars with more than two owners. Will you take $2300? I have a rusty 1977 Ford Granada that needs a new block, are you interested in a trade? I value my Granada slightly more than yours, so I'll need your clean, running, driving car plus cash to make it work.

Dream world:

Boss 429 seller: Two sentences, four photos, and a lot of dust.

Buyers: No questions, I'll take it!

I don't believe that anyone real is bidding 175k based on that auction.   Really a horrible advertisement.    I've been looking at GTO's and stick shift Grand Prix's lately.   Everybody talks about having the PHS docs,  but 1/2 the people don't post them, or only some.   What the bleep is going through their heads?   Especially the professional dealers.

170K now 

Funny they only made 500 of these?  In 1981 there was a white one i ran around with.  I found one in 1000 pieces about 1985, engine rebuilt on a pallet, car all over the house, tried to buy it.  Now there is one not 20 miles from my house, that one had about 12 lives, beat senseless, left outside in the winters, all before it was restored, 1970 429.  All crazy money.

Mustang Run

image.png.a20c721b7c79da6c507c24d6c9d91fa8.png