Dark times , cheer up memory

Pilgrim65

Apologies to kaiser31 

This is my second post , first deleted by mistake together with your post , starting again.

These are certainly dark and difficult times for many of us , probably reminiscent of our parents time during WW2 

i am currently healthy , but find it hard to be cheerful , when I follow the situation that’s getting worse by the day .

consequently I have found looking at photos of happier times is good therapy , especially my car memories .

so I’m posting one , not the best of car but an hilarious , great day doing a rally with friends, 3rd in the American class ( there were only 3 taking part ) 😀

ED2693E9-DD43-4D2F-AB35-35E8F560F295.jpeg

• Like 1

My son as the pinewood derby champ of his Cub Scout troop.  Today he is a senior mechanical design engineer for a major US auto company.  The car was his interpretation of a Lotus from a James Bond movie. And yes he did build it from a wood block using simple hand tools.

B8A17669-3ADC-44BF-BDD9-297D0247F519.jpeg

• Like 5

Best car memories....assembling and driving my first 1931 Dodge Brothers business coupe. I guess this photo of myself leaning over the fender into the engine compartment says it all. My friend, Kevin Burke watched on as I worked....I was 15 years old.

Picture 10616.jpg

• Like 4

Sure I'll contribute.

This is a photo of the first time I ran out of gas in my 1953 Chrysler. I learned that when it's fuel gauge reads 1/4, I'm actually empty. Here my wife waits patiently in the car as I head off, on foot, to a gas station. I've since never let the gauge drop below 3/8. Also I pay annual AAA club fees now. Once is enough in an old car.  The last time I ran out of gas I was with the same girl. We were 17, just newly dating. That was over 31 years go. We laughed. Good times.

Gas-less.jpg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Apologies to kaiser31 

This is my second post , first deleted by mistake together with your post , starting again.

These are certainly dark and difficult times for many of us , probably reminiscent of our parents time during WW2 

i am currently healthy , but find it hard to be cheerful , when I follow the situation that’s getting worse by the day .

consequently I have found looking at photos of happier times is good therapy , especially my car memories .

so I’m posting one , not the best of car but an hilarious , great day doing a rally with friends, 3rd in the American class ( there were only 3 taking part ) 😀

ED2693E9-DD43-4D2F-AB35-35E8F560F295.jpeg

great memories are timeless treasures of the heart..

• Like 1

Two comments, Thought the beach scene looked familiar.  Lake Geneva, Wi  ( https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60022-d283915-Reviews-Riviera_Beach-Lake_Geneva_Wisconsin.html )

Vid came just as I have been starting to go through again  a couple of boxes of old photos from my Parents things(departed  27 and 22 years ago)  and the scenes in the vid  remind me of old days as well.  Great to see it. Thanks.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 1

One time in my youth I was a great drag racer, well in my mind anyway.  Won my class at the local dragstrip (only had to defeat one other car).  Car is long gone but I still have the trophy.

AE61EB1D-DE22-41ED-89CD-FC444D583FE8.jpeg