1931 Buick Model 8-64 Roadster “Barnfind”

I acquired this car along with several early Chrysler product cars. The Buick has been parked in an enclosed shed since the early 1970s and is the proverbial "barn find." 1931 featured Buick’s first 8 cylinder engine and this was one of 1078 roadsters built. The engine turns over, but I didn’t try to start it. Equipped with a rare factory accessory stone guard. The Buick appears to be wearing it’s original paint. The car is 99% complete and comes with a 1951 California title. Car is super solid and straight with no rust, but needs some wood replaced below the door sills. I’m a Chrysler guy and not at all familiar with early Buick’s, so please feel free to ask me questions regarding the car and anything I may have missed in the description. I have quite a few other pictures if there’s something specific you’d like to see. Asking $9500. Located near San Bernardino, Ca. Please call 951 662-2868 or email: grossich@roadrunner.com

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2833.jpg

IMG_2837.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

• Like 6

6 hours ago, mercer09 said:

very fair price, depending on the wood work. Might want to mention whether or not you have the top.

thanks!

Here's the parts that aren't on the car, including the roadster inside door handles, the outside handles, door sill plates, the rear spare tire carrier and the top irons that you mentioned. Wood top bows will need to be ordered from the company in Pennsylvania that makes them. I asked a Buick expert before listing on the forum and he said the car was worth a minimum of 10k. I bought it in a package so I don't need to get the last nickel out of it. Would like to see it go to a good home, that's why I put it on the AACA forum before advertising or listing it for sale elsewhere.

IMG_2883.JPG

Edited by dpcdfan (see edit history)

The car should sell fast and if I didn’t have my Olds, I would be very interested. Hell, even with my Olds, I’m interested but the wife would give me hell right now as I have two Restorations going currently. Even if the wood needs repair or full replacement, the price is still a bargain. The roadsters and cabriolets are fairly easy to strip of body metal and recreate the wood for. Making wood is one of the major things I enjoy on a restoration.

I noticed one thing about this car that most might realize is it’s a standard roadster with a single rear spare. The single spare or standard roasters are often much less common than the deluxe, dual sidemounted cars. Back in the 70 and 80’s when a lot of these cars we’re getting restored, the “dual spare” craze was hot and heavy and many standards got fender wells added and were changed over now making standards a rare breed. 
     The worse thing about restoring this car is Lebarron Bonney is gone so an interior and top will cost much more to be custom made than what the kits sold for. Curious if anyone has heard anything from SMS Fabrics and what they’re doing with the LB assets they purchased.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chistech said:

The car should sell fast and if I didn’t have my Olds, I would be very interested. Hell, even with my Olds, I’m interested but the wife would give me hell right now as I have two Restorations going currently. Even if the wood needs repair or full replacement, the price is still a bargain. The roadsters and cabriolets are fairly easy to strip of body metal and recreate the wood for. Making wood is one of the major things I enjoy on a restoration.

I noticed one thing about this car that most might realize is it’s a standard roadster with a single rear spare. The single spare or standard roasters are often much less common than the deluxe, dual sidemounted cars. Back in the 70 and 80’s when a lot of these cars we’re getting restored, the “dual spare” craze was hot and heavy and many standards got fender wells added and were changed over now making standards a rare breed. 
     The worse thing about restoring this car is Lebarron Bonney is gone so an interior and top will cost much more to be custom made than what the kits sold for. Curious if anyone has heard anything from SMS Fabrics and what they’re doing with the LB assets they purchased.

Thanks for the input. I wanted to price the car to sell. The wood seems to be real solid except the section right below the doors. The sheet metal and floors are real nice with no rust thru.

7 hours ago, dpcdfan said:

Here's the parts that aren't on the car, including the roadster inside door handles, the outside handles, door sill plates, the rear spare tire carrier and the top irons that you mentioned. Wood top bows will need to be ordered from the company in Pennsylvania that makes them. I asked a Buick expert before listing on the forum and he said the car was worth a minimum of 10k. I bought it in a package so I don't need to get the last nickel out of it. Would like to see it go to a good home, that's why I put it on the AACA forum before advertising or listing it for sale elsewhere.

Thanks for giving people on this forum first opportunity.

• Like 1