Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

5 minutes ago, md murray said:

Yes.........I prefer a Pierce myself. No doubt the Packard Individual Custom Dietrich Sport Sedan is one of the top ten closed cars in the world. I don't think there is much to debate on that comment. Others can chime in. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

1934 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow Sedan - Frist Art Museum

This photo was my find......and unpublished to my knowledge. Possible someone made a copy before I paid a ton of money for it. Such is the way of the world. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, edinmass said:

This photo was my find......and unpublished to my knowledge. Possible someone made a copy before I paid a ton of money for it. Such is the way of the world. 

• Nashvillian Stephen Miller visited Sensuous Steel and shared with us an image of the 1933 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow as it appeared at the Chicago Century of Progress Fair. The photo was taken by his father, Paul Miller Jr., who traveled from Sioux City, Iowa in a 1927 Buick to the Chicago Century of Progress Exposition in 1933.

1950's ?

In 1927 Hermon A. MacNeil sculpted the Philadelphia Soldiers and Sailors Monument that graces the Ben Franklin Parkway.

The Parkway way design was inspired by the Champs-Élysées in Paris, France with its Arc De Triomphe.  It commemorated many centuries of French military victories.

Philadelphia chose two grand pylons 60 feet tall rather than an Arch. It was to be Philadelphia’s version of a “grand avenue of heroes” leading out to the Philadelphia Art Museum. 

On these limestone pylons, Hermon A. MacNeil carved two Civil War monuments: one to the Soldiers and the second to the Sailor’s of the Civil War. After sixty (60) years, only a few of those who fought were still alive in 1927. This Monument was a tribute to their sacrifice and the “One Union” for which they fought. 

Search Results french video :: Hermon A. MacNeil

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I haven't seen this particular photo in years.  It is memorable for how the photographer composed the two zombies from the land of the dead reaching for the car, and the woman are the rear door pointing into a crime scene.  A cop arriving on this scene probably would call for backup.

33 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow 04.jpg

2 minutes ago, LCK81403 said:

I haven't seen this particular photo in years.  It is memorable for how the photographer composed the two zombies from the land of the dead reaching for the car, and the woman are the rear door pointing into a crime scene.  A cop arriving on this scene probably would call for backup.

33 Pierce-Arrow Silver Arrow 04.jpg

Three (3) Zombies - look more closely :)

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

image.thumb.png.bf81eb8e9c5ae9ccfadfa2f3d39782dd.png

That car in the ad still survives........the New York Auto Show car from 1932.

• Like 1