Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

14 hours ago, alsancle said:

White buses?

3 9 9.jpg

Yes, White Yellowstone sightseeing buses at the Gardiner, MT station for the Northern Pacific Railroad spur from Livingston, MT, iirc.  A few of the White bus bodies have been transferred to newer diesel chassis for current sightseeing Park tours.

• Thanks 1

9F6DD1B2-8C12-45A7-B4B2-1B807669F9E2.jpeg.a2c3a4213d4013915bdc77aa91e7c6f2.jpeg

The best part of the Jim Hoe Model J race car story is buying the sedan on Long Island. After he paid for it he asked to borrow an ax and left the body in the former owners yard and drove the future SCCA race car chassis home. Wonder what coachwork it is carrying now. Cover car for the Mt. Equinox Hillclimb. 

DSCF8775.JPG

• Like 2

On 5/14/2023 at 4:58 PM, alsancle said:

o.jpg

Wilshire boulevard, Los Angeles.  Facing west. '41 license plates.  '33 Packard looks like the oldest car on the road. Ambassador hotel out of view to the left.  LA traffic hasn't changed any!

7 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

A better look at that 06-07 Renault GP car:

'06-07 Renault GP car.jpg

Nice job cleaning up this image. Nothing better than a retired race car turned sports car. He’s running a cyclops headlight. Great image. Michelin removable rims and tires.

• Like 1

Nicer fenders than the one James Melton found here in Ridgefield in 1946. I had two other 1920's era photos of it that  got lost on the computer. This is the car that is now in Newport, R. I.  in the Vanderbilt cottage. Looking at the two photos the one on top may be the bigger real deal GP car. '06-07 Renault GP car.jpg

DSCF8780.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1937hd45, yes, the Atwell collection car. As far as I know, still in the family. I took this pic perhaps a dozen years ago.

Well, as was true a week ago when I tried to post a pic, I choose the file, size is fine, and it does NOT upload. Sorry. Don't know what is wrong.
My pic was virtually the same angle, lights closed. Car is blue.

Edited by StillOutThere
add photo (see edit history)

42 minutes ago, StillOutThere said:

1937hd45, yes, the Atwell collection car. As far as I know, still in the family. I took this pic perhaps a dozen years ago.

Well, as was true a week ago when I tried to post a pic, I choose the file, size is fine, and it does NOT upload. Sorry. Don't know what is wrong.
My pic was virtually the same angle, lights closed. Car is blue.

The car was painted the nice shade of blue in Gus Reuters shop here in Ridgefield, he also painted the Windswept Rolls Royce for Mr. Atwell. The Rolls was at Pebble beach within 5 years or so, still looking great with a40 year old paint job.