Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1936 Packard V-12 Town Car.  Looks like at the low point of its depreciation curve!  California 1953 license plate tag.  Must be California there's a Palm tree in the background - or, as the movie industry calls them "Sky Weeds" ! And how bout them sealed beam conversions!

1936Packard12TownCarRough.jpg

Edited by HK500 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, HK500 said:

1936 Packard V-12 Town Car.  Looks like at the low point of its depreciation curve!  California 1953 license plate tag.  Must be California there's a Palm tree in the background - or, as the movie industry calls them "Sky Weeds" ! And how bout them sealed beam conversions!

It might be a fully restored show car now!!  Any way to prove it?

Now I wonder, with all these pages of vintage photos of various cars on this thread, especially of ones that still survive, are some of these photos maybe never seen before, and are now 'new evidence' or further proof of their car's heritage?

Craig

19 hours ago, RetroPetro said:

IMG_6437.jpeg

A Paige! Probably a 6-65 or 6-70 model, either 1926 or 1927.

Note the three color combination. Black upper body and fenders and aprons, Probably a medium dark green beltline and hood top, over the lighter lower body color which was likely a greenish off-white or cream color. I have seen a couple original paint Paige sedans that combination. Paige was early with the sportier light colored cars in the mid 1920s. Even at that, most of their sales were the more traditional darker colors.

Unusual "dog" sitting on the cowl?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wayne sheldon said:

A Paige! Probably a 6-65 or 6-70 model, either 1926 or 1927.

Note the three color combination. Black upper body and fenders and aprons, Probably a medium dark green beltline and hood top, over the lighter lower body color which was likely a greenish off-white or cream color. I have seen a couple original paint Paige sedans that combination. Paige was early with the sportier light colored cars in the mid 1920s. Even at that, most of their sales were the more traditional darker colors.

Here is A 1927 Studebaker painted close to that color combination.

07sb270.jpg.1a8e024c952ec31ab1d6c608d35ecc55.jpg07sb294.jpg.3fadd5b15827c758f886320c1c318ef1.jpg

Craig

Sorry guys, I'm a sucker for the ole Graham Brothers with Dodge Brothers drive components

And this one has some key historical parts on it to prove the year and model for anyone who may stumble on it later.

The lettering is astounding!

image.png.f5085f40b571daa82973c6f33ac0e33d.png

• Like 1