I Can't Create a Shortcut to This Site That Works

leomara

Technically challenged (me), when I try to add aaca.org or www.aaca.org as a Google Chrome shortcut it takes it, creates the shortcut but when I try to use it it gives me a "this site can't be reached" error???  I'm running on Windows 10.

7 minutes ago, leomara said:

Technically challenged (me), when I try to add aaca.org or www.aaca.org as a Google Chrome shortcut it takes it, creates the shortcut but when I try to use it it gives me a "this site can't be reached" error???  I'm running on Windows 10.

You can always just "bookmark" it. That little icon at the upper right that looks like library books with one tilted is where you go to do that....

IMG_7150 (2).JPG

1 hour ago, leomara said:

On my windows 10 you click on the star and that gives you the choice of saving to the Bookmarks line or to the other bookmarks which appear a sa drop down list when you click on the yellow "other bookmark" button.

Untitled.jpg

I only visit a few forums and my computer has the star that Tinindian shows.

Once you are on a forum that you want to save hit that star and then hit ad to favorites.

Next time you want to visit that forum hit that star and then hit that saved forum.

I think I have eight or ten forums saved. And I am all logged in on each saved forum.

The OP is talking about creating a shortcut on the desktop, which is different than creating a bookmark using the star.

Either one would work for the purpose, but they are different.

I just created a desktop shortcut now to try to figure it out. Took a couple tries.

I will try to post a "screenshot" to help.

You have your Chrome browser open and https://forums.aaca.org/ is the only thing on the address bar. No other tabs open. Then click on the three dots in the upper right just below the "close window X"

Go down to "more tools" then you see create shortcut. A window opens for you and it is already filled out. Just click on the "Create" button and you are done.

Close the Chrome browser, and you will see it on the desktop. It will be a block with a capital "A" in it. Click that, takes you to the AACA forum.

Someone give it a try, just to show it works!

15 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

The OP is talking about creating a shortcut on the desktop, which is different than creating a bookmark using the star.

10 minutes ago, mike6024 said:

You can see it on the Desktop,  it says

WOW...I always thought that a shortcut was for data etc.  that was on your computer.  I never realized it was also for anything out there in space.  Some days even I can learn something.  I made notes so I can remember what I just learned.

Thank you mike6024.