Advise on 1916 Saxon (driveline transmission wanted?)

ToA”T”

I recently acquired a 1916 Saxon 

No engine, Transmission or axles though I have the transmission housing. 

I am am starting the wood work as I look for parts. As I found an engine in MN I wanted to ask how likely is it to find the transmission drive shaft etc or does anyone have such spares laying around. 

Also as I build the wood parts does anyone have an interest in a set of wood replacement parts for the interior framework? I could make two sets while I’m building mine.

Alternately I may sell the whole car if someone else has what’s needed to save this car. image.thumb.jpg.8c9a0f7428217c9fb4e4b2320f814b32.jpg 

Thanks 

E32603C4-5379-4CB2-8347-1409AA658A61.jpeg

image.jpg

F17DB383-C7FB-454A-9045-838B6E88CDBC.jpeg

Edited by ToA”T”
Forgot photo (see edit history)

Jan

Thanks so much for your reply.

I have not done much searching around here as yet.

Yes there’s a few years worth of work there lol. I like building something out of nothing.

There’s boxes of parts with it that said I have no Idea if the parts are true Saxon parts or not.

Br

image.jpg

Edited by ToA”T”
Talk to text errors and Saxon Fender Pic? (see edit history)

I MIGHT need wood frame pieces soon. A friend is SUPPOSED to be redoing mine now but I haven't talked to him lately to see how things are going. I would suggest making two sets.There are more Saxons out there than I realized when I found mine

Mercer09

I think you might be missing the point. I could buy a 100 pt restoration that would definitely save tons of time and prevent me from walking a swap meet with my kids from end to end.  

Also feel free to laugh at me while I Hand form a left rear Saxon fender to match right. ( yes it was sitting on the wrong side of the car.) I could probably buy a fender too.

Sometimes in a restoration you get to the point when you have a nearly photographic memory of every part of a restoration that you touched puts your heart and soul into a car ( fights off memory loss,  muscle loss  as an added bonus). 

Now you share this restoration with your son or daughter or grandchild and they may learn and have a memory never forgotten. Maybe a lesson of life is learned in the process builds character. Per chance as the kid grows they pick cars as a hobby over drugs or video games and god willing they will not spend their time writing comments of little value on blogs diminishing the value add of a communication forum to a group developed specific to supporting your fellow (car nut :)  hobbyists.( yes I creeped on your posts)

Hard lessons learned: At 15 years old I restored a Ford Falcon ( 4 door) and the lesson learned from this was simple a Falcon fender costs the same to restore ( with fabricated components) as a numbers match big block muscle car with factory ac and a four speed) 

Credit -(Special Thanks to the nameless older fellow with the split window vette and if I can recall the B400 Murray body Model A from NJ)

And yes I build low dollar original Model T ford belly buttons for an absurd reason to share old cars with people who appreciate them and save parts from the junk yard that can make a lower income family a nice driver.

This all all said maybe I should take your advice a buy something nicer to start with any suggestions on what you think I should buy? 

To the rest of the group thanks for your awesome support! Sorry for the errors omissions poor grammar and sentence structure but I’m doing talk to text. And I tried to make the best of all things we can learn from each other!

;)

T

• Like 3

•  

I recently acquired a 1916 Saxon 

No engine, Transmission or axles though I have the transmission housing. 

I am am starting the wood work as I look for parts. As I found an engine in MN I wanted to ask how likely is it to find the transmission drive shaft etc or does anyone have such spares laying around. 

Also as I build the wood parts does anyone have an interest in a set of wood replacement parts for the interior framework? I could make two sets while I’m building mine.

Alternately I may sell the whole car if someone else has what’s needed to save this car.                                      I am going by your last line here..........................you said it- I didnt..............................................................

image.thumb.jpg.8c9a0f7428217c9fb4e4b2320f814b32.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Did you ever find transmission parts for your project? I was cleaning up the back 40 and ran across an old frame and running gear says SAXON on the hub covers has a transaxle type rear end with torque tube (seems complete) leaf springs lots of chassis parts..let me know if you or anyone needs this stuff  Thanks..Northern Idaho

• 8 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 7:13 PM, ToA”T” said:

Mercer09

I think you might be missing the point. I could buy a 100 pt restoration that would definitely save tons of time and prevent me from walking a swap meet with my kids from end to end.  

Also feel free to laugh at me while I Hand form a left rear Saxon fender to match right. ( yes it was sitting on the wrong side of the car.) I could probably buy a fender too.

Sometimes in a restoration you get to the point when you have a nearly photographic memory of every part of a restoration that you touched puts your heart and soul into a car ( fights off memory loss,  muscle loss  as an added bonus). 

Now you share this restoration with your son or daughter or grandchild and they may learn and have a memory never forgotten. Maybe a lesson of life is learned in the process builds character. Per chance as the kid grows they pick cars as a hobby over drugs or video games and god willing they will not spend their time writing comments of little value on blogs diminishing the value add of a communication forum to a group developed specific to supporting your fellow (car nut :) hobbyists.( yes I creeped on your posts)

Hard lessons learned: At 15 years old I restored a Ford Falcon ( 4 door) and the lesson learned from this was simple a Falcon fender costs the same to restore ( with fabricated components) as a numbers match big block muscle car with factory ac and a four speed) 

Credit -(Special Thanks to the nameless older fellow with the split window vette and if I can recall the B400 Murray body Model A from NJ)

And yes I build low dollar original Model T ford belly buttons for an absurd reason to share old cars with people who appreciate them and save parts from the junk yard that can make a lower income family a nice driver.

This all all said maybe I should take your advice a buy something nicer to start with any suggestions on what you think I should buy? 

To the rest of the group thanks for your awesome support! Sorry for the errors omissions poor grammar and sentence structure but I’m doing talk to text. And I tried to make the best of all things we can learn from each other!

;)

T

I have the remains of 2 6 cylinder Saxon touring cars if you are interested you could build a nice speedster with what i have 903 819 9507

On 1/17/2020 at 8:49 AM, jan arnett (2) said:

There have been several Saxons come up recently so I would not give up hope.  You have a lot of work before you have to worry about the engine.  Have you used the search feature on this forum to find discussions on Saxons.

I have a pair of 1917 saxons that are not complete I would sell you there is enough for a speedster I’m located in Sherman Texas