Walked around the local old junkyard today.

junkyardjeff

14 hours ago, lump said:

I am from the Dayton, Ohio area, and have spent many decades enjoying treks through local junkyards. But this one is not familiar to me. There are only  a few left in our area, including one with cars clear back into the 1930's...and at least one even older than that. I still go to that one from time to time. 

Jim,

that is starks wrecking!

Just now, Dj59 said:

That is starks wrecking outside of Dayton you can find their contact info online!

I have found its best to just show up.if you call sometimes they say they do not have what you are looking for and they will have more then one.  The ones that are running the show there are not the ones who put it there so they do not know what they have and I am going to work on informing them what is all in there some day after taking a inventory.

6 hours ago, Dj59 said:

Jim,

that is starks wrecking!

Oh, heck. I've been to Stark's many times. Used to be the only yard I knew that preferred I would show up on a Sunday. I've bought a lot of parts out of there, but haven't been back in decades. I've ASSUMED that they had gotten rid of all the old stuff, because they were crushing lots of old cars the last time I was there. For example, I recall that my brother in law came to terms with them to buy a 1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk, nearly complete with faded old red paint. Next week we returned with cash and a car trailer, but that entire field of cars had been crushed. We couldn't believe it. 

I'll have to go back down there again, someday soon. 

12 hours ago, Dj59 said:

Jim,

that is starks wrecking!

WOW..... I also grew up in Dayton and visited Starks in the mid 70s when I had a 1966 Impala SS convertible. I remember a lot of 50s and 60 cars in there yard.

Thanks for sharing.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

Suddenly this evening I remembered the name of the guy I used to work with all those years ago at Stark's. He was "Clarence," and I always got along fine with him. He made decent deals for me too. He actually preferred me to stop in there on Sundays, believe it or not.