Wheels

Y-JobFan

Anything looks better than the originals. :)

Here is a picture of what i think of the originals. This was several years ago and since them I brought a second load to the scrap yard and currently have about 40 more waiting for the price of aluminum to go up.

wheelsjunk.jpg

• Like 1

The '87 LeSabre T types used the same wheel as the Reattas but with a different center cap.

The wheels Ronnie has pictured are from a Cadillac STS and we have the same wheels on our Driftwood convertible. They were about 1999.

All GM wheels used the same bolt pattern for many years except for the really small cars. Grand Prix wheels will fit on a Cadillac or Reatta and vise versa.

Must be getting cool in Duluth........Jim is staying closer to the computer.

I have a supply of NOS Reatta "R" centers.    I purchased them to make 1991 hubcap "clones" and that market is small.   So I have tried some

other things (see picture)  one emblem in a cork coaster.... the other is a glass coaster,  maybe ash tray.

I sell the "R" center emblems for $15 each..... buy 3 or more and I pay the shipping

Reattacenters.jpg

Here is a photo of a "clone"  1991 hub cap next to an original.........you cannot tell the difference until you look on the back side

DSC00613.jpg

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)

Guess I do not understand wheels with more than five spokes, seems to be more style than function. OTOH I do like snowflake wheels so is just personal taste.

ps back in the day (80's) GM had many bolt patterns: 4x100, 5x100, 5x115, 5x 120.7 (4.75"), 5x127 (5") and each often had several rim diameters/ width.

at the moment just in 5x115 I have 15x6, 16x7 (factory and Enkei, gold and natural)), 16x8, and 17x8 (fake minilites).

16x7flakesm.jpg

minilite.jpg

enkei.jpg

In my personal opinion the original wheels don't have a "look" that compliments the pretty body lines of the car. I  decided to go to the 16 inch wheels and the 1991 rims; i couldnt be happier with the new look'. Like many things in life, this is very subjective and I think anything that a person does to his car is Ok. People have been adding different items to their cars to change appearance since the Model-Ts came to market.

Murray

• Like 1

I didn't like the Reatta wheels to begin with. When my brother-in-law said he thought my new-to me Reatta would look better if I got rid of of those "hub caps" and get some mag wheels it embarrassed me so bad I decided right then those stock wheels had to go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...