Photo simply captioned - Detroit 1904

nzcarnerd

• 4 months later...

This car is a 1906 Pungs-Finch runabout, possibly a model F but still with wing-shaped fenders. The script is just readable if you know what it is. I couldn't find a better readable script, because these were either absent or largely hidden behind the front lights (as in the uploaded 1907 model F example). 

Pungs-Finch 1907 roadster.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zipdang said:

Do you think those folks being pulled in the sleigh (my assumption) catch the stuff flying off the rear wheels?

Doesn't look like it. Maybe the sleigh is so narrow it won't get anything from the tires.

8 minutes ago, zipdang said:

Empty coffee cups?

No empty coffee cups back then.  That is when drivers drove the car and when they were thirsty they parked and went in to a restaurant or inn.

I'm afraid I see little resemblance between the original car and the 1907 Pungs-Finch. The car in question looks much smaller than the other, the unique fenders are totally different and the script on the radiator, while not at all clear, doesn't look to me like "Pungs-Finch".

Don

Uploaded the enlarged front of the car from the original internet photo. I wouldn't know what you could make else of it. Together with the many details which are identical, I don't have any doubt. And I already mentioned that the wing-shaped fenders date from before 1907, whereas car size is difficult to compare with a car in motion.

2066560303_Pungs-Finchrunaboutscript.jpg.053a631f1e6b64e992a56240513f4ffc.jpg