1964 Riv worth

64cruiser

We really need pictures to evaluate and know what works, what doesn’t and how does it run to provide you with parameters.  If it hasn’t run in 10 years, I would want to know if it was properly prepped before hand.  If not, engine may need work, gas tank cleaned and brake system gone through.  Tires will need to be replaced based on age.

• Like 1

Need more info. Mileage, color, options? Got a link to an ad?

If not running that significantly reduces value. The typical “ran when parked” statement by a seller is supposed to make a buyer feel good that it will run but all the risk is on buyer which must carefully access this risk based on what they know of cars history or integrity of seller. 

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In my opinion ANYTHING that hasn't run in 10 yrs. is little more than scrap value.  As others have said depends on options, etc.

You will DEFINITELY be looking at the POTENTIAL of an engine rebuild, brakes overhauled, gas tank removed, cleaned out or replaced, along with a carb. rebuild, fuel pump,  etc. etc. etc.

• Like 1

If the engine actually turns over and starts, that may make it worth 6k.  But I think it is a high price at face value.

If it fires but has issues, the post sale  costs start to add up and you can be in for unexpected thousands in getting the car to a sound state, assuming you keep the Nailhead.

Mine was sitting for 10+ years. It hadn't ran in 4 years. The seller and I got it running enough that I could confirm there wasn't any knocks or smoking. All rubber hoses had to be replaced, and in my case it had charging, starting and fuse box wire damage (a short that burned wire). However, I wanted to upgrade the wiring and replace hoses anyway, so it worked out ok. I'm in process of replacing the brake lines. My brake fluid was black and gritty, so my lines are most certainly rusted. Keep in mind that a lot of "little" things will need addressed. Sitting is the worst thing for a car, it causes them to age fast.

$6k is a very good in SoCal pricing for a complete car that needs work. It's a very in demand car here. Anything priced less is usually someone's parts car. If you have to start buying missing parts, it gets expensive quick.

• Thanks 1