Cadillac Wheels

B Jake Moran

Agree with above.....not enough information.   Dave mentioned Catera...... if they are from a Catera (1996-2001) that was an Opel and the bolt pattern was 5 x 110.

Sometime in the early 2000's  Cadillac started changing car names..... the Catera became the CTS,   Deville became DTS,  Seville became STS

If the wheels are from a 2003 or later CTS, DTS, or STS  (all Cadillac front wheel drive cars)  then the bolt pattern became a common  5 bolts on a 115 mm bolt circle....same as the rest of GM large front wheel drive cars.

Caddy just took the old name's first letter and added "TS" or touring sedan. So I have a Catera Touring Sedan Coupe.

Around 2003 they also went to 5x120 M12x1.5 and in 2009 5x120 m14x1.5 so none fit a Reatta.

Now have A Bunch of 16x7 and 17x8 wheels for the Reatta and just the coupe.

A friend of mine retired from the local Chevy, Buick and Cadillac dealership. His primary job was troubleshooting electrical problems.  One day when I was at the dealership I stopped by to talk to Bill while the parts guys were tracking down some parts for me.  He was working on a Cadillac CTS.  I had never heard of one so I asked him what CTS stood for.  He said it was Catera Tough S**t.  I asked him why he said that . He told me it was because the only electrical schematic he had for it had German writing on it. :)

CTS is definitely a good German car. Gas filler and hood release are on passenger side, seat memory is just like a Mercedes, and the most un-Cadillac thing: it has an oil pressure gauge. Also to change the thermostat it is best to first remove the engine. OTOH it has a 7,000 rpm DOHC-6,  Pontiac is gone, the "twin double overhead cam" DOHC V6 had a belt drive, and my 93 GTP with 5 speed manual was black. The only 2-door coupes GM has are the Corvette, Camaro, and CTS (since 2014 ATS). On the gripping hand the 3.6 is probably faster than the Judge and the 500+ hp -V with 6 speed manual is one of the fastest passenger cars around. Period.

ps my $17 CD from eBay has 56 sets of wiring diagrams. In English.

• Like 1

Padgett........I was not aware that Cadillac or GM used 120 mm bolt circle,  I thought the Firebird and Camaro wheels I found in the pick n pull were the old 4.75 bolt circle used on so many GM cars.

I picked up several of the "donut" spares from them to use for "rollers" on my Corvair.

Another question you might know the answer.......neighbor has a 88 Fiero with a 3800 supercharged conversion and a Getrig 5 speed.    He has the common shifter cable problem.  Looking several places they only list one

part number for the cable........which means to me that both cables are the same part number.........is that correct?   Also has anyone made a heat shield to protect those cable from failing?

2 minutes ago, Phils38cpe said:

Fiero shift cables    there is a shift cable and a select cable   https://www.fierostore.com/Product/Browse.aspx?d=67&p=1

or

http://www.rodneydickman.com/retail.html

It's nice to have stores dedicated to selling parts specifically for a car you own.  That is one of the things I miss the most about the Fiero Formula I use to own. If I wasn't so big I would still own it.

Well I bought the Reatta to be a bigger Fiero. Later looked for a Fiero again and found a Chrysler Crossfire Coupe with 6 speed manual that was less expensive.

Vixen motor home also used the Fiero 5 speed shifter, suspect the cables were longer

I suspect a 5x120mm might fit a 5x4.75 (120.7 mm) hub but the offset will probably be waaaay off. People put 5x114.3 (Ford) on 5x115 (Reatta)s.