Another “ID this car, please” request

TTR

Saw this published in a European vintage car magazine years ago and even the staff wasn’t sure what it is/was.

Anyone here know ? I don’t, but would like to and see about finding more photos, if any exists.

132F6FD5-933E-4EF7-80D7-1539C3203C83.png

On 8/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Mark Wetherbee said:

I love the lines on it!

Me too, that's why I’d like find more pictures of it.

OTOH, it could be some backyard/garage one-off someone made up using assorted bits and pieces back in the day.

Yet, many of its overall design/styling cues remind me of something Italian.

Well, I am no expert on European cars. But the overall styling to me is reminiscent of early Alfa-Romeo. I suspect if it were one, someone by now would have already nailed it. Since they haven't?

It is such a fine looking '30s sport car, that I can't imagine it wouldn't be a known car, even if it was a one-off. It appears well constructed, has wonderful flowing lines? The way the fenders cut off, blend in. 

Then or now, most small shop one-offs never look so good.

• Like 1

I zoomed in as best my limited computer skills allowed. Saw something interesting. The rear hubcap appears to have a "Trident" on it. Google sure loves to cram modern Maserati cars down one's throat! They must be getting a commission on modern Maseratis sold! I did manage to find a few photos of actual prewar Maserati racing cars, mostly modern photos of collector cars. And a very few era photos of road cars. None looked like this, but one had some similarities. Food for thought?

• Like 1

So I’m not the only one seeing Italian styling on this. 😎

Thank you all for trying.

My first thought years ago was also A-R, but the grille and wheels (with hubcaps ??) prevented the idea growing further in my mind.

As for Maserati Bros., I’m not sure if they built many or even any pre-war road cars, especially in early-to-mid ‘30s which appears to be period of this styling.