Free 1951 Special 4 Door

B Jake Moran

21 minutes ago, Pete Phillips said:

I can't see any contact information in this guy's post. It stops after "I would..."

Sorry

….

FREE -ish!!!! I have a '51 Buick Special 4 door in  good running condition with good body, interior, and paint (some issues but all original). It was my great-grandmothers and has been in the family since it was first purchased, I would like to give it to someone that will appreciate it and enjoy it. I became keeper of the car 7 years ago and totally unqualified for the job...and I am downsizing. Please come rescue this wonderful car and give it a good, loving home.

It is located in Oklahoma (Lawton). If you are willing to pay for transport or come pick it up, and title transfer costs, it's yours. First come, first serve (and a little interview to know that it's going to a good home).

Text me at 503.830.5561 for more information.

Photos available upon request

Sent you text and left voicemail.

Son-in-law is VP of our AACA Chapter, and along with my daughter who grew up in the hobby, would be an excellent caretaker for this lovely and apparently solid Buick ith a nice history

They are excited to hear back from you

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

The Buick has been spoken for. I am sure you will see it in prime condition at a meet-up or show soon. Thank you all for your interest and passion in finding a home for this family heirloom.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Chris, who works for me, picked it up today. He is thrilled with it--his first old Buick. Looks like 48,000 actual miles. We have it at the Buick National Meet in Midwest City today; might even enter it for judging--it is that nice.

I did my good deed. I helped a young, 30-something guy get started in the old Buick hobby.

Pete Phillips

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3101.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

• Like 5

Standard shift, original trunk mat and cardboard panels in good shape, original rubber floor mat in good shape, Chris bought a new 6-volt battery for it and got it running and driving around the national meet parking lot this afternoon. Engine sounds very good, no smoke, good oil pressure, oil change sticker from 20 years ago shows 45,000 miles, has 48,000 today and I am absolutely convinced it is the original mileage.

IMG_3098.JPG

• Like 4

I personally looked at this car and it is an excellent first car for someone wanting to get in the hobby. Didn't see it running [or driving] but in my opinion just clean it up and wax it and drive it. Paint is good enough, interior very nice. Great car to have...

• Like 1