Need Help With Teves Brake System

zagato

Hi Guys.  I am not a Reatta owner, but I do own a TC and I am looking for help with the brake pressure switch connection.  Last fall I experienced a antilock brake failure on the Teves system.  Since then I replaced the accumulator and obtained a NOS brake pressure switch for the Teves II system.  TC Parts directed me to a supplier for Buick Reatta parts in order to get this switch.  Before the switch was replaced the brake pump would run and cycle, however the antilock brake light was still illuminated after replacement of the accumulator.  The Reatta parts suppler also sent along a plug that would compatible with the current TC Maserati connection, however the wiring designation for the TC plug is different from that for the Reatta plug.  We initially supposed the A,B,C,E wire designation for the Reatta plug corresponded directly to the 1,2,3,4 of the TC plug, i.e. 1 would match with A, 2 would match with B etc.  Well this obviously is not correct as now the pump will not run and cycle. How does the wiring designation correspond for utilizing the Reatta switch wiring to the TC plug?  Can anyone help with this?   

Here is a page from 1993 GM Service Technology, Teves Mark II  ABS Brake System..........it show the entire system but there is no detail on wire color etc.

The sketch was made from details in the 1989 Buick Reatta/Riviera service manual.

I have a cut off pressure switch connector and two of the colors do not match the colors in the service manual....don't know which is correct.

My connector has a TAN wire with white stripe going to the "B" pin  and the manual says it should be Red with black stripe.

It also has a GREEN wire with black stripe going to pin "E" ....the service manual says that should be LIGHT BLUE with orange stripe.

There is a good chance the connector I have came from another GM vehicle but I have no record.

As Ronnie says.....we might be more help if you could post a wiring diagram from the TC manual.

ABS wiring.jpg

pressure switch wire.jpg

The photo below shows how to make an adapter to convert two different styles of AC-Delco  pressure switches to work on a Reatta. 

Although the pins on your TC pressure switch are designated by numbers instead of letters,  if you make an adapter following the pin layout as shown in the photo below I believe it might work for you. 

Thanks to whoever posted this photo. Sorry, I can't remember who it was.

1438823870_pressureswitchpigtailadapterdiagram.jpg.99e9af810e0d09a994ed8734d7a8ee24.jpg

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Barney and Ronnie, thanks very much for the info.  I have a TC maintenance manual with the wiring schematic.  I really appreciate the input.  I will have the mechanic work on this.   I would like to keep the Teves system, but it is a challenge.

I looked at this post a few days ago and thought" i've got one of them" so I went and looked and could not find it, thinking I must have sold it on Ebay.

Just now I was getting parts together to take to the BCA meet in OKC and looking in a box I found the pressure switch.

It is the correct pressure switch for a TC.

Send me an email at  reattas60@gmail.com   I am leaving Monday morning but could maybe send it out on Monday or when I return.

tcPsw2.JPG

tcPsw3.JPG